“First Time”
Review of Seoul Galbi

Seoul Galbi
Ranked #16 of 143 Restaurants in Paramus
Reviewed 26 July 2017

This was my first visit to a KBBQ with two colleagues. The menu had many items which is always good with me. I did not know what to expect so I had some help. We had fried dumplings and wings for appetizer - very good. I don't know the meal I ordered but it came out as a whole tray (box lunch on lunch menu). Had beef, edamon, seaweed, which I will not do, a wing, salad, two steamed dumplings, other things. Found out you remove edamon seeds from pod, after I ate a pod. Better that way :).
On the table they placed about six or seven condiments, none of which I partook of. Miso soup also came. Have never had so I can't say good or bad. While this kind of dining place didn't fit me, my colleagues knew what to expect and what they were doing. For them it was a good restaurant and they were surprised at how much food came out for lunch. One had kimchee and took it home. Waitress added to his leftover. Very nice of her.
So, it seems the reviews of 'very good' are correct. Lot of Asians eating here so that always says something.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

We enjoyed a delicious Korean BB there last night (11 people in our group). The service was excellent, the food delicious and the side orders we chose, shrimp, dumplings, steamed eggs and tofu were just as delicious as the main choices of duck, steak, bogogi and pork belly(bacon) etc. they have great specials. - Can't wait to eat there again.

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Glad to have a nice Korean restaurant in the neighborhood. Ban chan choices
were varied and enjoyable. Since this was my first visit I had the Korean kalbi bento box. It was a good way of sampling the dishes. I'll come back for a real.good dinner here. The restaurant has a limited offering of wine and some beer. However, MENU selection for dinner is a lot more extensive and definitely tempting.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

My family and I were in Paramus visiting and went here blindly, based upon location. Fully disclosure, we are Korean and have high standards for Korean food... and we though that the food here was good for the value. They were running a buy 2 and get 1 special for BBQ - there portions were generous and side dishes were well seasoned.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

Delicious Korean BBQ, all the meats and fish were cooked perfectly, and the sides the accompany the meats, kimchi, fish cake, etc, were all nice and spicy. Would recommend to friends and family. Careful with the kids, hot burner in the middle of the table where they cook in front of you.