“always busy”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Typical NJ diner, basic food decent pricing good for a late night stomach fuel pit stop. Not in my direction of travels but if you're nearby and want to get some basic food, worth the stop.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We haven't been here in a number of years, but it was convenient while we were shopping nearby so we stopped in for an early dinner. We couldn't believe the dinner prices. I don't remember it being that expensive in the past. The owner should realize this is a diner - not a nice restaurant. Since we weren't that hungry, we just had soup and salad. The salad was good, but the soup tasted like it came right out of a can. With so many good places to eat in this area, we won't come back here again.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

The Tom Sawyer is a diner very near to the Fashion Centre, where there are few restaurants in the immediate vicinity. It's a fairly traditional New Jersey diner, though with a somewhat smaller menu than I normally associate with the genre. Still, it does what diners do; serving breakfast food and dinner for simultaneously. My friend is known at the Tom Sawyer and was welcomed warmly as we were led to a comfortable booth. She ordered an omelette and salad, while I asked our waiter if the kitchen would create a custom dinner salad for me, with a piece of cooked salmon fillet on top. It's not that the large salad selection wasn't good already, just that I had something specific in mind. We were well served by our waiter. The food was good. The cakes in the glass case looked good but we didn't have any room for them. Maybe next time.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

not that bad for diner food but still diner food at higher Bergen County prices. Staff was nice and portions large but still dinner food.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

On our way to the Ridgewood farmer's market and decided to have breakfast here. If you like loud noise, rude service and eating whatever your server brings then by all means this is the spot. The noise level was so high I thought our server could not hear my husband say he wanted a ham and cheese omelet. Yes - no ham with this omelet. The server had heard he just didn't check the order when it came out. I ordered a Belgium waffle for $6.49 with strawberries - they charged me $5 as if the sprinkling of under ripe strawberries were a side dish. To make matter worse the busboy cleared our table and was wiping it down before my husband had a chance to look over the bill. All this before 10AM in the morning. We try this diner every 6 months either for lunch or dinner and each time we walk away saying we will not go back. This time we mean it.

Been to Tom Sawyer? Share your experiences!