“Great weekend stay”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ocean Grove
Dallas, Texas
“Great weekend stay”
Reviewed 12 July 2009

I'll admit after reading some of the reviews about the hotel I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm happy to say my stay was great! Bill and his wife are incredibly friendly and gracious. They made our stay comfortable and relaxing, and the location can't be beat! Ocean Grove is my new favorite beach getaway. I would definitely recommend this place for friends and family.

The rooms are simple but have everything you need; towels, shampoo, body wash. The only downside is that if you have a shared shower there are no showers allowed after 10pm.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bergen County NJ
Reviewed 24 August 2008

The Best blend of family warmth-family friendly-DOWN TO EARTH-and Meticulously Clean-not to mention adorably decorated.
We came to lovely Ocean Grove last minute for a vacation after we moved.-just a couple of days to enjoy the beach and the quaint town. Marci and Bill the owners as well as their staff (which includes their family also ) couldn't have welcomed us more -They truly wanted us to Enjoy and relax-and did everything to afford us the ability to do so--doing all sorts of extra things like providing our beach towels -and waters -a great breakfast and use of the kitchen-Always a must with children-and saying "Relax and enjoy we want you to feel like home-"But not only do they say it They make it happen--I have stayed at Bed and breakfasts-hotels at the beach before -And I never felt like I could completely relax --This is the first time I have-
Well low and behold we extended the stay-
Marci is an amazing person -she loves what she does-between keeping everything so clean-and making sure that each and every guest is having a nice time-To how she decorates with a lovely balance of old world charm with an up to date Flair at the same time. And again spotless
I highly recommend this for anyone and especially if you have children -her whole family and staff reach out so much and their family does so much for yours--a restful living area for all to sit-a children's game room - room-She even has a Tee Pee for the little ones to play--You will see they think of Everything-What a nice break for us
We all want to travel--and bring our Children without worrying-- wi The Albatross makes it happen -with Comfort -Beauty -cleanliness -fun and Always a smile -and sincere concern for you and your family -for relaxation -fun and safety- You will enjoy meeting them. They provide you with support for a great vacation and yet you have Your privacy--again they just have a great Balance here
I have to write about the cleanliness-I have never seen people so energetic to keep a place so clean and cozy at the same time--you no sooner turn around with a hand towel used and there is a new fresh smelling one to replace it --our family has allergies so staying in hotels and B & B's can be a challenge for us Not an issue here -- -again wonderfully clean-they are very sensitive to Healthy Living -and We were so appreciative of their focus
I guess what I am saying is-- their devotion and all the Little things they do to make this hotel come together --makes such a Big difference--for a family who is on vacation.
I have never written a review in all my travels-but this is one I am honored to write --we have fallen in love with this special place -called Ocean Grove-a gift to all-And the Albatross gave us the Safe Harbor to Enjoy it -
We are coming Back and can't wait -- Enjoy -as we have
There is something so very special about Ocean Grove-and you have to be
Special to have a hotel here--the Albatross is truly that--A Special Family Place

• Liked — The meticulous service and caring
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank elizajoy
North Arlington, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 May 2008

My Boyfriend and I stayed at the Albatross on April 5th - for one night for a wedding we had in Asbury Park. Since the groom and bride advised to stay in Ocean Grove for its charm we were looking for an affordable and close location. Having never been to Ocean Grove before we loved the atmosphere of the town with tis cute little shops and stores. The Albatross is a few streets from Main ST with all the shops and store which was convenient and one block down from the Ocean. The B & B itself is old and Victorian. We had a deluxe Queen room. It was just right size nothing big with personal bathroom which I reconmmend. It had no TV or anything particularly outstanding to it. It was clean and neat which was nice. The shower was new and small but ok and water was warm but not warm enough for my liking. Overall it was a good stay for one night - just so happen it was a nice day to be outside and we didnt stay in the room much it was jusst to sleep. The complimentary breakfast was just ok - nothing special or extremely fresh, yet its free whch is nice.

I don't think I would stay there again, but it was nice for a night's stay if you're not planning on just hanging in the room for too long.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — bed was uncomfortable
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cmello28
fair lawn nj
Reviewed 11 September 2007

Ocean Grove is truly a hidden secret. After traveling to Cape May for the past ten years...I have found the Victorian ambiance I love so much closer to home. People are friendly and open, the beach is immaculate, and shopping for unique and specialized items is a breeze! We made our accomodations at The Albatross and a future trip is in our plans. The service and attention is equal to none, and I am quite a "fussy" person. Go to Ocean Grove..relax, eat well and shop to your hearts content! When you are done, unwind and sit back on one of the many porchesof the Albatross!
Mary/Fair Lawn NJ

1 Thank FairLawnNjMary
New Jersey
Reviewed 23 July 2007

The Albatross is a family run business. The couple that own it go out of their way to be helpful and offer lots of extras (beach towels, water bottles, storage for refrigerator items, a play room for kids, lots of toys around). It was just blocks from a beautiful beach and the town. We never had to move our car which is a good thing in Ocean Grove. The property itself is clean and well maintained. It's a good place to bring kids because they are welcome to explore and play. We did have a connecting room with the kids and that worked out well. The breakfast was more than sufficient-- cereals, bagels, pastries, muffins, etc. We liked sitting on the front porch and watching the world go by.

The downside to the hotel would be the shared shower (I'm getting too old for that) that was supposed to have been eliminated by the summer and the rooms were very small.

• Liked — Location and helpful staff
  • Disliked — Sharing a shower and room size
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
0.1 km away
The Ocean View Inn
The Ocean View Inn
#9 of 19 in Ocean Grove

Been to Albatross Hotel? Share your experiences!