“Quaint and Wonderful”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I decided to drive to Ocean Grove and take advantage of the nice weather yesterday. When we arrived we were hungry and decided to have lunch before walking around. We checked TripAdvisor and the positive reviews influenced our decision to eat here. The restaurant is a former apothecary and there are artifacts throughout the room. I had a cheddar cheese omelette with rye toast, homefries and decaf coffee. My wife had an egg salad on rye, coleslaw and pickle. The food was excellent and I could barely finish my omelette. The atmosphere is great and we will definitely return.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

A converted pharmacy made this a unique place for lunch. The food was tasty and reasonably priced. We enjoyed looking at the furnishing which included many of the original signs, pharmaceutical products, and memorabilia from the 40's through the 60's.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

On a cold winter overnight in Ocean Grove, we were jonesing for ice cream and remembered good stuff from Nagle's on a summer visit, and it was just as good this time. First we slurped a perfect chocolate egg cream and then shared a giant banana split, both created by Stanley, the young man working the counter. Like a sculptor, he carefully scooped the ice cream, gently ladled on the toppings, layered on the mounds of whipped cream and placed the three cherries as though they were the precious Crown Jewels. All the while, we chatted about the store's history, and Stanley, who's working while carrying a full high-school course load, guided us through the photos and memorabilia around the store. "They're like a documentary about this place," he said. What a great way to end a nice Ocean Grove evening.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

The food was so-so. Service was terrible. The waitress brought our meal and never stopped back to check on things. No coffee refill, nothing. The owner was behind counter, used nasty language and voiced political views much to loud.

1  Thank sgusta1179
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

It was a beautiful crisp day in February. Being that we were local to the shore area, we thought we'd give an old local spot the business and go get some ice cream. I attempted to go to the window outside but there wasn't a posted list of flavors. So we went inside the establishment and asked what flavors were available. The attendant was a middle aged woman that wasn't very pleasant. She wouldn't allow my party of 4 people (2 adult /2 children) to stay inside. She told us the girls at the window had the flavor list and we could go back outside to get it. I felt so discriminated and pushed away. I will never give patronage to this establishment again.

2  Thank Lauren C