“Perfectection !”

Serendipity Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 20 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 September 2016

From her welcoming check in, and until after the check out Karen is the most hospitable person you can meet. Her B & B is lovely. Her breakfast is delicious, the afternoon baked goods are a real treat. Karen goes above and beyond to make her guests feel comfortable. My husband and I have stayed at Serendipity 4 times. We enjoy relaxing on the front porch, taking a walk to the beach/boardwalk only a half a block away or going to our favorite restaurant across the street. Cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: 3rd floor room is large and sunny
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
karenm681, Owner at Serendipity Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2016

Bobbi and Hezi

Thank you for the kind review! It is always nice to see you both and to catch up on your family news. Time sure does fly, doesn't it! Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

From making a reservation until check out, Karen was attentive and accommodating. The bed and breakfast itself is very clean and well cared for.The breakfast was very good and there were choices for any diet. Karen makes sure to have drinks and snacks out for guests at all times which is a nice touch. There is a beautiful porch we enjoyed sitting on and the location is perfect. It is very close to the beach, boardwalk and great restaurants. We also enjoyed the DVDS and games that were there for guests to use. We had a rainy night that didn't allow for us to do an outdoor activity so we grabbed a DVD and checkers and really had a great time playing. We have stayed at other places in OCNJ and this was by far our favorite. Thanks for making us feel at home.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
karenm681, Owner at Serendipity Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2016

Nicole

I enjoyed having you and Jarrod here! You really know how to make the best of any situation :) Tell Jarrod practice makes perfect on making omelets! looking forward to seeing you both.

Reviewed 5 July 2016

We stayed with Karen and it was wonderful as a 5 night relaxing vacation for my mom and I. The location was wonderful being 2 blocks from the boardwalk with many restaurants and direct access to the beach. Also, only 3 or so blocks from downtown shopping (which was one of my favorite parts!). The breakfast was wonderful and the coffee was great. It was so nice that Karen had fresh pastries and drinks available at all times. The only reasons we would give it a 4 instead of 5 would be... 1) the air conditioner in our room on the top floor was very temperamental. It would be very cold in our room and we would turn it up, but it wouldn't shut off. We had to play with it for a little bit to get it to be comfortable. 2) I'm sure it is a law to have an EXIT sign in the room but the light was bright so if you're someone that needs complete darkness, it might be distracting. 3) The shower temperature was also temperamental. It would constantly change from hot to cold while taking a shower, but we accepted it. It was a wonderful stay and I would surely recommend staying here to anyone. As they say, it's all about location and for us, the location of Serendipity surely holds up to that! Karen was wonderful and was very welcoming and hospitable. As we had never stayed in OC, NJ before, she answered all of our questions. Another thing that was great was the extremely convenient parking and the fact that Karen provided beach passes. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
karenm681, Owner at Serendipity Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2016

Ruth

I'm glad you and your mom enjoyed your stay at Serendipity. It was a pleasure having both of you! I wish you had said something about the problem with the air conditioner. I wasn't aware of it. Thank you for letting me know so I can address that. Yes, the Exit sign is there by law. Some people throw a towel over it at night. I wish there was some other solution I could come up with, but the law is the law! As the fire marshal tells me when I complain about that light, "if there is a fire they will be happy that the light is bright enough to lead them to the fire escape." I'm glad that so far no one has had to test that theory! Enjoy the rest of your summer. Looking forward to seeing you both again!

Reviewed 4 July 2016

A great choice for our 3 day get away to Ocean City. Great location to the boardwalk and beach. Attentive inn keeper and great breakfasts. We loved the porch as well. We would recommend Serindipity to anyone.

Room Tip: We loved room 3.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
karenm681, Owner at Serendipity Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at Serendipity! The porch really does have the best seats, doesn't it? A great place to relax and people watch!Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 14 March 2016

The location is outstanding! Very close to the Boardwalk and the beach. Manco & Manco (GREAT pizza) is about two (boardwalk) blocks away. Atlantic City is about a half hour away.
The Inn is cozy ... and Karen's breakfast are OUTSTANDING! The scones (cinnamon) and muffins (cinnamon/sugar) were simply delicious.
We stayed in room #3. The room itself was a little on the smaller side but the bathroom is bigger than the others. The room and bathroom were clean and towels were plentiful. The bed is very comfortable with warm blankets and if you like to sleep in a cooler room this is it! (There is a heater in the room if need be). There is a flat screen tv in the room (with DVD player). Karen has a good selection of movies to chose from. Plenty of books and magazines to read as well.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet L
karenm681, Owner at Serendipity Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2016

Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure having you both - and I am glad you enjoyed the scones and muffins. I love to bake and am always happy when my baking is appreciated :) Hope to see you soon!