“Nasty and expensive ”

Ranked #365 of 612 Restaurants in Newark
Neighbourhood: Newark Airport and Port Newark
Neighbourhood: Newark Airport and Port Newark
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

If you want to wait 25 minutes for a nasty rock-hard burger this is your place! The new and “improved” food court in terminal C near gate 74 leaves much to be desired. Overpriced food (even for airports) and long waits are what is going to greet you here.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

I waited forever for my water and coffee. My server was great and very busy. I asked a man for coffee and water and he completely did no take eye contact and ignored me. He’s a Spanish looking kid with slicked back hair and young. People should be taught customer service skills!

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We attempted to order at a sit down place nearby when another waitress came by and said their kitchen was backed up and they couldn't take orders for 30 minutes... not the best news when connecting to another flight... the waitress suggested Custom Burger... the prices were less (and the burgers were OK) but the experience left much to be desired.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

30 minutes to get disgusting chicken nuggets with fries and very arrogant waitresses that just treat you as lifestock!

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Mediocre food at Newark airport. I had the philly cheesesteak and my dining partner had a veggie burger. We had also fries and tater tots (which were the highlight of the meal (scary)).

The place was quite busy, and they had just converted over to a new system where you order with an ipad and then pay at a different ipad, so quite the jammed mess of confusion and stressed patrons. There has to be a better way.

Once we got our food it was fine, just getting there was quite the challenge for sure. It was not real warm though as it probably was sitting there for a while before they called our name.

There has to be a better way, perhaps more training or an expeditor or two (or ten). My suggestion, go somewhere else and manage your expectations fully.

Been to Custom Burgers? Share your experiences!