“Great Tapas - Sit in the back Courtyard”
Review of Mompou

Mompou
Ranked #9 of 615 Restaurants in Newark
Price range: USD 10 - USD 25
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: North Ironbound
Cross street: Prospect St.
Transit: We are located two blocks from Newark Penn Station.
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Mompou was recommended by someone at our hotel for spanish cuisine. He was right! Great Ensalada Mia and tapas. Try the cheese stuffed Pimientos de Piquillo. Nice small courtyard in the back with leaves falling through the lattice roof. Very nice servers. Parking was not bad on a Tuesday afternoon, but I assume it is a challenge on the weekend.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

This place is great for sharing a bite. They have a lot of veg options too. The cocktails are the best in the area. They have cask aged cocktails. I had the Negroni one and it was really unique! They also have a pretty patio area. I go here often and will definitely be back.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

This is a nice place that is reasonably priced. We ate there twice, once dinner and once lunch. Both meals were good. The food is not super-fancy but still very good. Atmosphere is informal and prices reasonable. Excellent service and a very good value.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I try as often as I can to experience the culture of the places I visit. I was amazed at my visit to Mompou. The food was incredible, the atmosphere was perfect and the service impeccable. I will definitely visit again and HIGHLY recommend!!!

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Went here for dinner before a concert at the Prudential Center. Some of the best tapas and sangria I've had. Excellent service, until dessert time and then we felt a bit rushed by our server. Music was loud, but the atmosphere was lively and fun. Will definitely return!!

Been to Mompou? Share your experiences!