All reviews bus system campus location area restaurants college visit place to stay wifi worked well bus stop quiet room comfortable rooms fridge and microwave night stay location was perfect coffee machine late at night air conditioning stayed for one night a wonderful stay
Reviewed 11 February 2018

We were there to visit my brother in the hospital. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is comfortable and peaceful. The grounds are beautiful as well. It is close to downtown New Brunswick, lots of great restaurants. Overall excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Deana P, General Manager at Rutgers University Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We regret the reason for your visit, but are very happy to hear we were able to provide you with a comfortable place to rest.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Loud, dirty, outdated, bugs in the rooms. Will never stay here again. If you are out at night after 11, you can’t get back in without calling for someone to come open the door. No one is at the front desk after 11.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are so sorry you did not enjoy your most recent stay at our facility. While we understand we are not the perfect choice for every traveler, we do strive to provide a comfortable, convenient, budget friendly option for overnight travelers.
I believe the bug in your room was a stink bug. We sit on 21 wooded acres, so we often find nature finding their way into our building. You should not have had to call anyone to get back into the building after 11. Our front desk does close at 11, however, there is always someone here on property. Your guest room card should have allowed you to swipe directly into our building.
Many of our clients leave as satisfied guests, as a majority of our reviews indicate. Again, we are regret you did not enjoy your experience.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

I went to the Inn in order to attend an early morning meeting on Cook campus of Rutgers after a late evening in NYC the night before.
The staff at the Inn was incredibly accommodating. I came in after midnight and they still checked me in and were very gracious, and then they held my luggage the next day for me without charge while I worked on campus. Every interaction I had with the staff was positive.
Unfortunately, the rooms are a bit outdated and not entirely clean. One of the beds in room had something unidentifiable stuck to the sheets. The temperature regulation in the rooms was also quite poor and with the heating system the air is very dry. These conditions made it difficult for me to sleep. So I was a bit underwhelmed by the experience and I think it's a bit overpriced for how old the facility is and looks (kind of like a 1970's college dorm).
If you are looking for a very convenient place to stay on campus with friendly staff this place is perfect, but expect to pay more than you should for the kind of accommodations that are offered.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Deana P, General Manager at Rutgers University Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear ,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey online.  I truly regret that we have fallen short with your stay.  We are not the fanciest property, but we pride ourselves on providing a clean, safe environment for people to rest.  Dirty is not acceptable.

We have an outside cleaning service, who truly does a great job.  Apparently, they did not with your room and I will follow up immediately.   My supervisors perform daily room inspections before arrivals, so I'm not sure how we missed this.

Again, please accept my apologies.  I have also written an email to you privately, responding to your survey conducted by our hotel.

Deana Pagnozzi
Director

Reviewed 1 February 2018

My son and I were there for 1 night to visit Rutgers, since we are college shopping. I felt like it was a bit overpriced for very basic accommodations. It was super convenient to be right on campus. There is no breakfast option, nor is there free hot coffee in the morning in the lobby. Overall, the place could use some renovating.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Deana P, General Manager at Rutgers University Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. Our facility does offer a discounted advanced purchase rate of $79 per night, which is pretty discounted compared to other hotels in the area. While we do not offer a breakfast option, we do have our scarlet shop located in the lobby, which offers some breakfast items and there is complimentary coffee in our lobby. We are always looking for ways to improve our service, so thank you for your review.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Very shabby hotel. Bathrooms are gross, rooms are extremely hot and shabby. Facility seems like an OLD dorm that should have been redone 20 years ago. Mattress not comfortable, feels like a dungeon in the hallways. The elevator can barely fit 3 people with luggage. Doors and locks could blow down with a stiff wind. Walls are paper thin.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 587julianad
Deana P, General Manager at Rutgers University Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

We are so sorry you did not enjoy your most recent stay re at our facility. While we understand we are not the perfect choice for every traveler, we do strive to provide a comfortable, convenient, budget friendly option for overnight travelers and groups.
Our facility is older and we continue to make improvements, as our budget allows. We are a self- supported unit here at Rutgers.