All reviews front desk valet service state theatre rutgers university beautiful hotel self park train station george st parking garage bed was very comfortable fitness center indoor pool wedding campus bellman nj television
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Beautiful hotel conveniently located to all New Brunswick has to offer. We were there for the Craft Beer and Spirit Festival and will definitely return next year. The staff were very friendly and check-in and check-out went very smoothly

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Susan W
Victor R, Manager at The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Dear Susan W,

Thank you for your great review of The Heldrich. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the Craft Beer and Spirit Festival. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed for a week beginning of January. Friendly staff in front office, housekeeping and restaurant. Rooms are clean, decent size and amenities are good quality. The hotel's located in a good area in New Brunswick. Walkable to everything you might need; great restaurants, pharmacy, historical sites...etc.
the food at the Christopher's restaurant inside the hotel is a little below average; however staff are really friendly.
I was billed an inaccurate charge which I called the hotel and was transferred to the accounting department and left them voicemail but no one got back to me and the charges are still there even though I called twice.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Victor R, Manager at The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Dear Rogina S,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself. Please let us know if accounting has gotten back to you.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

The hotel is fine. But, I was charged an extra $50/night as a deposit for possible damages. After I checked out the extra charge was not credited. I called and was told that it would take 3-5 days for the credit to appear.
I don't think it is acceptable for it to take that long - they were able to charge me immediately, they should be able to credit me just as quickly.
In fairness, other people I talked to said they had been informed of the additional charge.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear Marc K,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I apologize that the hold takes a bit longer to release. We have no control of how many days the banks release the hold from your account. We do release it the day you check out but it is up to the bank to release and put back into your account. I understand how frustrating this could be and apologize that you were not informed upon check in and we will work with the team to ensure everyone is advised of this. Thank you again for brining it to my attention.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Was here for business for a week which used their conference center. The temperature controls were so off half the group ended up sick from being frozen! Also the food for lunch was some of the oddest choices I’ve had in a long time - it reminded me of a cafeteria in a bad way!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2018

One of the cleanest hotels I have been to. Great restaurant and great service. I have been to this hotel many times and I get the same great service every time. I had the pleasure of staying for three week while my home was repaired. I just wanted to stay longer.

Stayed: October 2017