“Really Nice Surprise!”

Residence Inn by Marriott Neptune at Gateway Centre
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Neptune
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I am born and raised here but moved to Charlotte in 2004. I chose to stay here because I wanted some space to spread out and wanted to let my kids enjoy swimming in March. I was initially surprised that each room had a full kitchen. I believe we booked the cheapest room and I didn't expect much, however, the bed (A ++++) so comfortable, room nice and clean and loved the big TV and that it was easy to see wherever you were. Love having a full desk and a small kitchen table! The pool was very very nice and the staff was even better. I was quickly booked in and when I had a problem because I booked one night and should have booked two, it was not a problem for them at all and I didn't have to change rooms or anything. The quality of the breakfast was really my biggest surprise, it was great, fresh and actually really good, not what you would expect for a free breakfast. The staff that was taking care of breakfast were easily available and ready to bring you what you needed.

The area has a lot to offer, Jersey Shore outlets are very close, lots of fast food and name brand resturants right there. We got pizza delivery from a recommended place and they were quick. Really a nice surprise and this Marriott will be a preferred hotel for me anytime I visit Monmouth County! Thank you very much for making my trip even better then I expected!! kerry wells

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Scott C, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Neptune at Gateway Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear Ma'am,

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let others know of your positive experience at my hotel. It was an absolute pleasure having you as a guest. My staff and I greatly look forward to the next opportunity to again do so when your travel plans bring you back to our area. There is no greater reward (nor a more effective training tool) than feedback from people such as yourself, be it positive or negative, which is of course, exactly why we are here; to hospitably serve. Thank you again, and may all your travels be similarly enjoyable.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 25 March 2012

We spent two nights here last week due to my father's funeral. We arrived late in the evening after a draining emotional day, and the woman at the front desk, although nice, clearly needed more training, taking forever to check us into the two rooms we had reserved. Other than that, the stay was excellent: the rooms were clean, modern, quiet and spacious; also the two rooms were right across the hall from each other, very convenient; and the breakfast buffet was the best I have encountered in US travel, with some of the hot items offered changing the second day for nice variety. The breakfast room staff all were pleasant, very responsive and helpful.

The hotel is located about a mile or so from the Garden State Parkway, so very convenient for travelers, but it was very quiet; our room looked out over a golf course; a real plus for us for me, a light sleeper even in normal circumstances. I definitely would stay again

Room Tip: High floor in the rear.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cinti attorney
Scott C, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Neptune at Gateway Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear Sir / Ma'am,

Dear Sir / Ma'am,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let others know of your positive experience at my hotel. It was an absolute pleasure having you as a guest. My staff and I greatly look forward to the next opportunity to again do so when your travel plans bring you back to our area. There is no greater reward (nor a more effective training tool) than feedback from people such as yourself, be it positive or negative, which is of course, exactly why we are here; to hospitably serve. We will utulize your helpful input regarding your check-in experience to a miximum extent and I apologize for any delay that occurred. Thank you again, and may all your travels be similarly enjoyable.

Yours in Hospitality,
Sco

Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stayed here with my wife, stepson, and his friend after a concert. The hotel is conveniently located, and the staff was very friendly. The rooms were very spacious and clean. In fact, we got more space than we anticipated. The only problem with the entire stay was that we got in late, and had to be creative with parking. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank huskyhoops
Scott C, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Neptune at Gateway Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Dear Sir,

Reviewed 5 November 2011

I stayed one night at the Residence Inn. The purpose of the stay was to attend a fundraising event in Asbury Park. For full disclosure, I am a Marriott Rewards member so I regularly stay at Marriott brand hotels. The hotel upgraded us to a two room suite. We stayed in room 309. The suite had a full kitchen and living rooom area with a flat screen. In addition, it had two bedrooms. One room had a king bed and the other a queen. Each room had its own flatscreen and bathroom. The suite was very clean and was decorated in a business style, but updated motif.

The hotel is a 10 minute cab ride from Asbury Park, which has plenty of bars and restaurants. Asbury Park also has a great beach. The Jersey Shore Outlets is in walking distance of the property as well.

The hotel also offers a free breakfast from 6:30-9:30am. Pets are allowed.

The front desk person, Maggie, was friendly and welcoming.

Great value, good location, worth the stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank JerseyGirlSeesWorld
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Stayed here three nights to go to the Jersey Shore for the first time. Very friendly front desk staff and the room itself was great. Full kitchen, huge closet, comfortable bed. Went with my teenage son and he stayed on the sofabed-only drawback could have been that the bed is next to the bathroom so if you had a light sleeper who would wake up easy that could be an issue. Had a basketball court that my son used and the pool was decent. Breakfast was outstanding with a lot of healthy choices included. Only about a ten minute drive from Pt Pleasant Beach and about 2 minutes from WalMart and the outlets. Really recommend this hotel. Only downfall was stain on sofa and marks on bathroom wall. Not a big deal.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neptune
0.5 km away
Red Roof Inn Neptune
#2 of 6 in Neptune
7.6 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Neptune at Gateway Centre? Share your experiences!