“Don't do it!”
Review of The Hotel ML

The Hotel ML
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We began our weekend away by waiting 30 minutes in line at the front desk. The room was large, but had a dirty feeling. Room service trays cluttered the halls and the the faucets were backwards. The waterpark was the real reason we went and it was quite a nightmare, to say the least. There are hundreds of unsupervised children running about. It seems as though the management has allowed parents to believe that the lifeguards are babysitters, but I'm quite sure that a kid could be floating at the bottom of the lazy river and the lifeguards would be too busy disciplining children to notice. If your going to spend the money on a weekend away go to Lake George, NY, the indoor waterpark is worth the drive and price.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Erika V
thehotelml, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel ML, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Erika V,

First and foremost I would like to touch on the safety of our park and the performance our lifeguards. I am proud to share with you our latest Ellis audit score of Exceeds, meaning our lifeguards hit each visual, skill, VAT and scenario perfectly.

As for the challenges you met during your stay, I would like to apologize. It sounds as though business levels during the school break week hindered your experience and for that I am sorry. We are putting plans in place for our next school break to address some of these challenges. We very much appreciate your business and hope you will provide us the opportunity to show you the changes that we've made. Please feel free to reach out to me personally to coordinate.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

This is a very large property that needs more care. Two adults five kids two rooms. The teenagers were way to big for the water park. It is much better for small children. The service at the Hotel was sketchy. The front desk was pleasant but it didnt look like they were happy at thier job. No good mornings, welcome or have a nice day. We went to the buffet breakfast the next morning at 9:30 (teenagers) and after they sat us started to break down the breakfast. There were empty stations of food etc. While our waitress was wonderful when we complained to the manager he said he would get us some food and then no one could find the chef. He took 50% off our bill but I would not go there again

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lukeandlarsmom

Lukeandlarsmom,

Thank you for taking the time to share some areas of your stay that could have been improved upon. We aim to provide a worry friend and welcoming experience to all our guests; unfortunately it doesn't sound like we provided that to you and for that I would like to apologize. The challenges during your stay have been brought to the attention of department managers and addressed with supervisors and staff.

I hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to host your family's next weekend getaway. Please feel free to reach out to me personally to coordinate.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Great water park, nice room service, checked in friday March 30 and checked out April 1. Early sunday morning I woke up and killed 3 bed bugs. When I checked out I told the director and she told me it was ants & only took off 20 dollars of our whole bill. My 7 yo daughter has bites too on her ankle & calf. I had other family stay there same weekend but on different flrs-3--7--&--8. I would go back for another weekend but would not sleep in that room again.

Room Tip: Do not choose room 218
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank NATASHA B
thehotelml, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel ML, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Natasha B,

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our water resort and amenities, such as room service, during your stay with us. We truly have a unique facility that is perfect for quality time with friends and family and we hope you will come back soon.

Guest and staff safety, cleanliness and sanitation are the top priorities at The Hotel ML and CoCo Key, and we immediatly investigate and address all guest concerns and claims.
A thorough inspection and evaluation by our internal engineering team, as well as one conducted by an external professional pest elimination company, detected no evidence of bed bugs in our hotel.

I thank you for taking the time to review your stay. Should you have additional questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Guest Services

Reviewed 28 March 2012

After reading other reviews, i was pleasantly surprised by our overall experience. We brought our 5 yr old to the waterpark and found it to be perfect for him. He was able to participate in almost all activities, except 1waterslide that he was not tall enough to ride. The park was clean, had ample lifegaurds, and was not crowded when we were there. My biggest complaint was that the walls of the hotel room were very thin (i was able to overhear our neighbor's cell phone conversation perfectly). My son had difficulty falling asleep due to the noise.
Overall, i would suggest this hotel to young families if you are able to get a deal. I would bring earplugs & avoid holiday weekends/school vacations.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank nancyvt_77
thehotelml, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel ML, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

nancyvt_77,

Thank you for visiting us for your family’s mini vacation. I'm glad to hear you and your son enjoyed all the slides and rides of our water resort and accommodation of our hotel.

I would like to apologize for the volume level of your neighbors. We do our best to proactively manage this to ensure all our guests fully enjoy their stay; for our light sleeping guests we do offer complimentary amenities, such as earplugs, to assist with a completely restful night’s sleep.

At The Hotel ML and CoCo Key we pride ourselves in exemplary safety ratings and overall fun and relaxing setting for families to spend quality time. It seems as though we were able to provide that for you, we hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We arrived on Saturday 3-24 around 2:30 or 3:00 pm. check in line was a 45 minute wait. The room was clean, and the bed was super comfortable, however, the check in staff did not ask if I wanted double beds or a king sized and we ended up with the king sized for 2 adults and 2 children. I am sure they would have switched us, but no one wanted to stand in line for another hour. The water park was very very crowded. Kids had to wait 20 to 30 minutes to get a tube for the slides. The water was freezing and my little one was too cold to enjoy the water activities. There was NO indoor pool or even a wave pool where the kids could swim -- that was a surprise and we had assumed there would be a place to swim at a WATER PARK. There wasn't a single chair available for us adults when we arrived at the water park around 4:00. No where to sit, the noise level was so high you had to scream to each other to be heard and the other guests were beyond rude. Adults guests pushed our kids out of lines, parents let their kids run wild thru the hallways and in the elevator. The arcade had a strange rule about paying via debit $2.00 before the kids could use the quarters they brought with them. It was pretty awful and we will NOT go back again, nor would i recommmned this experience to anyone. If you are looking for a pleasant water park experience, try Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank tumble4u

tumble4u,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the accommodations of our rooms; unfortunately it doesn't seem as though our water resort met your expectations and I would like to apologize for that.

There are peak times of year, like most amusement or attractions, where guest visits are highest. While for some families this adds to their experience, others prefer to visit attractions during down times.

I hope you will reconsider a second visit to our water resort. I am sure you will find the overall experience to be a pleasant one, comparable to that of Great Wolf Lodge, without the dive and at a better value. Please reach out at anytime to coordinate a visit, during your family's ideal time.