“Good but not great”

Carlucci's Waterfront
Reserve with OpenTable
Carlucci's Waterfront is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 127 Restaurants in Mount Laurel
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Creek Road
Description: Carlucci’s Waterfront serves authentic, award-winning cuisine inspired by Italian traditions. Walk through our doors and relax in a welcoming atmosphere overlooking the scenic Rancocas Creek. Dine on classics made from our family recipes like vodka rigatoni, enjoy a fresh seafood dish like scallops pescatore, or treat yourself to a premium filet mignon. We’ll go above and beyond to make sure that you savor every bite and enjoy every moment. As a family business, we seek to be your first choice for family functions, fine-dining experiences, and everything in between!
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Visited on a Saturday night with a reservation. It was interesting that people arriving before us had to wait for a table outside but we were seated immediately with a reservation. What made it interesting is these groups weren't seated for 15 minutes or more but there were empty tables galore outside. It seemed more of a lack of staff issue than anything. A neighboring table had an issue with the setting sun shining directly in their eyes. I would suggest if you are eating close to sunset to make sure your are seated under the covered seating area. Service was good but not great. Our waiter did his job but wasn't personable at all. Our meals were good but also not great. I had the filet mignon bracciole but I swear it wasn't filet. Someone prove me wrong and I will apologize. Caesar salad was fair and bread in the table was closer to stale than fresh. The view is beyond great but can also be loud with boats depending upon their speed. The inside, which we walked through on the way outside, seems a little dated and the bar floor and foyer, which clearly has had too much water applied during cleaning over the years, is warped and buckling. They are doing construction to add a second floor although the way it seems construction is either at a standstill or slow because the new wood and building wrap looks faded. Anyway I think the money would have been better spent on a full inside remodel downstairs. Final vote is 4 stars but closer to 3 1/2. Good but not great.

Carlo C, Owner at Carlucci's Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Thank you for you detailed review -- I'm sorry to hear our food and atmosphere weren't quite your style. We have many seats in our restaurant and in order for the food to come out In a timely manner we have to always keep some tables open. Also we do try and accommodate our guest with reservations since they made them for specific times. I apologize if this came off differently or impersonal. While it sounds like our dishes might not have been your style, like our filet braciola, I hope you'll return to try something that further reflects the skill and passion of our staff -- like, for instance, our crab cake or lasagna. Nevertheless, I'm glad you stopped by and gave us a try.

All the best,

Reviewed 9 September 2016

We said we would be back, and we were. So glad we did. This time we brought another couple with us for a special dinner. We decided to re-visit Carlucci's and have a nice dinner with an amazing view of the Rancocas Creek. Of course, I had to have one of their delicious home made Sangria's. It did not disappoint! Our friends were amazed at the large selections to choose from on their dinner menu. Their list of appetizers were amazing. We all shared their special Antipasto which was served in a home made parmesan bread bowl, which was fantastic. My husband and one of our friends each ordered the broil seafood combination platter, which after only being able to finish half, they took home and had a second meal the next day! My friend and I each ordered the stuffed shrimp and salmon, and we did the same thing. You get so much delicious food for your money, you have to think of it as getting two meals for the price of one!!!!!

Carlucci's has now become one of our favorite "go to" restaurants. We can't say enough good things about it. The wait staff are all so friendly and courteous (I wish I could remember the name of our server, but I am terrible with remembering names) because he was awsome.
We can't wait to go back for another visit!

Carlo C, Manager at Carlucci's Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Thank you so much, Linda! I'm glad to hear your table felt so welcome and taken care fo during your recent visit. Admittedly, describing your server as "awesome" doesn't help much, because I'm lucky enough to have a staff of truly amazing, hard-working people. I'll go ahead and pass your compliments along to everyone! We're all excited to see you again for more of what you loved.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Wonderful lunch overlooking the water. Great crab cakes and salmon salad. Unhurried relaxing atmosphere gave us time to catch up

Carlo C, Manager at Carlucci's Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

While I'm glad to hear you loved our salmon and relaxing views, it truly warms my heart to know our atmosphere allowed you to spend meaningful time with your lunch guest. I hope you'll stop by again soon for more crab cakes and catching up with friends.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

My daughter really likes Carlucci's because it sits on the river and has a nice breeze in the summertime...usually! We went there for someone's birthday a month ago, and I was really taken with the improvement in the quality of the food. It's Italian of course, but not just Italian. Great menu and well prepared. I heard they had new management. We ate outside despite the sun, but there are nice umbrellas to protect you. The parking lot was much fuller than I had remembered. Fortunately we had a reservation.

Carlo C, Manager at Carlucci's Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

I'm so glad to hear you've noticed the recent improvements we've made -- thank you for taking the time to write about them on Trip Advisor! You made a great choice sitting outside. Even with the heat, the shade, breeze, and view make it all worth it. I hope you'll return soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I was in area and had to kill two hours. Always wanted to try this place. So, I did. Arrived and it is an older restaurant. Situated on te creek. I think it was the Pirates Inn before. Very hot but, I chose to eat outside. Very nice lighted patio.

I ordered the Vodka Penne. Came with a salad hitch was not impressive when it came and thought to myself it was not going to be good. Well, when the meal came I was proven wrong. I ordered the meal with shrimp instead of chicken. Five large shrimp not over done. Penne pasta with vodka sauce was scrumptious. I highly recommend a visit and this dish!

Would eat there again.

They do need to fix the ladies room door. Net to open and it was stuck. I thought it was locked and stood there for some time. Needs to be remodeled too.

Carlo C, Owner at Carlucci's Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Thanks for showing us some love on Trip Advisor, too! I really appreciate it. We are in the process of a major remodel.

Hope to see you soon!
Carlo, General Manager

Been to Carlucci's Waterfront? Share your experiences!