“Really Nice Authentic Cuban Restaurant & Entertainment”
Review of La Havana 59

La Havana 59
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Moonachie
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2015

Had the opportunity to visit this restaurant for the first time and was pleasantly surprised at the decor, quality of food and entertainment. The Cuban food was authentic as you can get with Cuban staff and cooks. There is free self parking, and plenty of room for large groups, romantic dinners, and live entertainment. If you're in the area, be sure to stop by and visit this location, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Jmesis

Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

Awesome food, great staff. Overall it feels like family. From when you step in the door very pleasant ppl always with a smile. The only place i eat yuca from.

Reviewed 13 April 2015

this time there was self parking, last time they had a valet parking attendant and you had no choice; as for the food, it is good, i've had better Cuban elsewhere, but the prices were moderate, service was attentive, and we were there with a large group ( make reservations ahead of time if you have a large group ); they had live music, which was pretty good.

Reviewed 22 March 2015

My wife and I went here for a surprise birthday party on a Saturday night. It is on a quiet road across from Teterboro Airport. Being a Saturday night the place was packed. Since we had never been here before we were surprised to see that the smallish dance floor had people gyrating to the Latin beats. Our table, being for 15, was in the back near the band who had not shown up yet. The restaurant gives you an assorted appetizer selection and some form of flat bread. We were all served Sangria which was very tasty and sweet but I do not think had any alcohol in it. More like juice. Before dinner came the band showed up and started playing Latin music. We had been transported with the rest of the restaurant to a Cuban nightclub. Everybody hit the dance floor. There was spinning and dipping and salsa and all kinds of Latin dances being performed. The floor could not handle the crowd, being a little tiny. Being near the dance floor we got to enjoy the full flavor and the beat. Talking was a bit difficult. My wife had the Churrasco, which is Skirt Steak. It comes on a bed of onions and with a side of white rice and black beans. The steak was grilled with a nice seasoning and prepared very nicely and the black beans were delicious. I had the Camarones al Ajillo, which is Shrimp sauteed in butter, garlic, white wine and fresh chopped parsley. It is served in a little cast iron pot. I also had the white rice with black beans side and found the sides to also be extremely tasty. I was disappointed though in my main course. The sauce was watery with too much butter and not enough garlic. The shrimps were on the small side but were plentiful and cooked properly. I would not order this dish again. The dessert was a birthday cake that was brought so I cannot discuss the desserts there. If you like Cuban food and to dance to the Latin beat, this is a very nice place to go. I cannot comment on the price, since it was a party

Reviewed 27 January 2015

Salsa band was great. They also played other genres, Cumbia, Vallenato, Paso doble, reggaeton. Restaurant turns into club after dinner. Many big groups celebrating birthdays. They kept bringing out Bday desserts and the band/music with Cumpleanos Feliz. The food wasn't bad. We had a table right by the dance floor for dinner. I'd recommend booking for dinner by the dance floor and keeping that table all night.