“Early Valentines Day ”
Review of Milford House

Milford House
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Milford
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had been wanting to try this place for years, but the old place had off hours. This is under new ownership now and has been from my understanding for about a year.

Bob was our server. He took notice how I loved the fish tank and sat us right next to it for my enjoyment. He was a pleasure telling us about the different kinds of fish. He was great at recommending dishes and wines to pair with them for the night so we took his advice. 5 star service for sure!!

My husband got the potato crusted salmon and I got the crab stuffed flounder with hollandaise sauce. Both were good, but safe. Seasoning was lacking for my taste. Flavors were very mild too. This is the only reason this review didn’t get 5 stars. I get it you have to cook for the masses, but it was just too safe to WOW me.

Dessert was good. Apple tart and pan au chocolate.

Needless to say, we’d visit again as the menu offerings were nice, food was good and service was on par.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

The best in Milford, this restaurant offers dinners excellent options, from fine dining to casual fare served in a charming and relaxed atmosphere. The owners and staff will make you feel right at home to make sure you have a fantastic dining experience. Their mushroom burger is out of this world and their fries are phenomenal. The food is consistently good, whether you have a steak, ribs or seafood.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

We spent two nights at the wonderful Bridgeton House across the bridge and had both dinners here. We had the same young lady helping us with both meals - she was a delight - great personality, warm, welcoming and on top of everything. We had some great wine by the glass and the duck mac and cheese to start - SO delicious we had it for both visits. The first night I had the fish and chips. Super crispy coating with tender white fish and fries. My husband tried the chicken pizza pie and really enjoyed that, as well. Next night, we had the filet mignon and NY strip steak entrees. Both cooked perfectly, tender and flavorful and we added the tasty potato side dish. We made room for the creme brulee and trio of homemade ice cream in a crispy, yummy tuile. Truly enjoyed our evenings - paced just right, friendly warm people, great food, relaxed, but nice setting - can't go wrong.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Very friendly service. I had delicious salad and salmon with potato on top and a cream sauce. It was a little pricey for what one gets, but it was a good place to eat in Milford, which is a small town.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We stayed at the Chestnut Hill on the Delaware, which was perfect, and they recommended the Milford House, and we had a perfect dinner. The waitress was wonderful, and helped us with our choices of drinks and food. My husband had fish, and I had a fish soup from an old Thai recipe, and everything was terrific, including the cocktails wine and dessert. We look forward to our next visit.