“The best sushi in Madison”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Yuki Hana Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 68 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

What was described to me as "just a generic sushi place" greatly exceeded expectations! Huge portions, delicious sushi and sashimi and giant bowls of miso soup made for a perfect Friday night feast.

I would particularly recommend the trio of sashimi, which was 15 pieces of really chunky salmon, tuna and yellowtail. (At $25 I thought it was very good value as it was such a huge portion - each piece could easily have been sliced into 2 or 3.) They also do a wide variety of handrolls, maki and salads.

I'd certainly return and explore the menu more fully. We got takeout - which was ready exactly on time - but the restaurant itself looks very pleasant and the staff were all welcoming. A great find!

Reviewed 21 April 2016

My wheelchair fits perfectly under the corner of the sushi bar. Friends and family can spread onto either side of me and we all can enjoy a perfect sushi dinner.

My wife loves the tempura shrimp perfectly put together after Miso soup and the sea weed salad. I go for the gyoza, baby octopus, a nice mix of sushi and a different roll every time. I am a long way from running out of creative rolls.

BYOB just adds the perfect finishing touch. There's never a wait but for some reason the 4 sushi chefs never seem to stop working.

Reviewed 15 July 2015

Great Sushi, first time to Yuki Hana and it won't be the last. Fish was ocean fresh and the decor was on point. Easy location, wait staff was friendly and accommodating. The seaweed salad hit the spot, I ordered the lunch sushi which came with soup and salad. Was not disappointed.

Reviewed 12 June 2015

Yuki Hana has been a go-to sushi place for us for years. Great place to meet up with friends as it's lively and fairly sizable. It's also BYO and a liquor store with great selection is nearby -- You can walk to it from Yuki Hana.

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Hands down best sushi! They offer only the freshest fish. My family goes frequently and I am never disappointed. I love the Uni, fatty tuna, and sweet shrimp.