Bungalow Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
View Hotel
Cedars & Beeches(Long Branch)
View Hotel
Ramada Inn(West Long Branch)
View Hotel
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch(West Long Branch)
Crystal Inn(Eatontown)
View Hotel
All reviewsgas fireplaceapple tvthe jersey shoreunique hotelgeneral managermaster bedroomthe private beach cluboff seasongarage parkingbathroom areagold's gymhang looserooms are bigromantic getawaylounge chairsworking fireplacei highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Spent this last weekend in Long Branch at the Bungalow Hotel for a girls getaway....Scott (hotel manager) couldn't have been more helpful in making our quick weekend most enjoyable. The room itself was beautiful and spacious - and the bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Loved how the whole Hotel was decorated....Just when I thought I had seen it all, a different piece of art or an adorable lamp shade showed itself to me. Enjoyed having cocktails out by the outdoor fireplace and loved the fireplace in the room as well. Alreading planning our summer girls getaway back at the Bungalow. Adorable!!!

Room Tip: Loved the Hula Room:-)
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We got married in Long Branch on top of the Avenue restaurant/club back in July a few years ago. We loved the hotel design and rooms, but we also did our research and knew there were some shortcomings.

As you can see from the photos, the hotel is very modern chic and feels like a stylish 5-star Manhattan property that celebrities would stay at. Since we were getting married, the receptionist upgraded us from a regular room to a massive corner suite (Room 301) at no charge. Obviously a huge plus and a great surprise.

Our wedding photographer was amazed at how many great photos she was able to take with the backdrop of the stylish lobby and suite.

Other positives (Suites may be different than regular rooms):
- Excellent service. Anything that was in their control was handled perfectly.
- Close to the public beach (though you should know that beach access requires a fee to the city, not the hotel)
- Right by Pier Village shops and restaurants.
- Large spacious bathroom and amazing shower in the suites (but they're in the same room as the bedroom without a separating wall - see photos)
- Small kitchen space with a sink and fridge
- Fireplace, but we didn't use it since it was July

Drawbacks:
- Unlike a full service hotel, there's no restaurant/food available
- Use of a gym/pool is at another building (5 min walk) and for a fee
- Not a cheap stay and they require a 2 night stay on summer weekends, but I guess the forces of Supply & Demand are in effect
- We asked if they would do a discount block of rooms for wedding guests, but they declined

Overall, I think they did an amazing job with the limited physical space of the building. Obviously a free pool on location would be a great, but given you're steps away from the beach, not sure how many people would use it so I understand why they don't have it. That being said, you would think it should be included for the price you pay.

Room Tip: Even the rooms with a view don't have an amazing view, but if you want, try for a higher floor.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Songer5
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Bungalow Hotel was a fun experience for a quick winter getaway, but didn't feel like the "luxury lifestyle" it calls itself. Loved: vintage foosball table in lobby, comfortable beds, fireplaces in each room. Access to Pier Village, with lots of restaurants and shops, a real plus. But - a luxury hotel room without a coffeemaker? Coffee is avaialbe in lobby, and great muffins next door. No robes, tiny bars of dial soap are not "luxurious", very low sofas were not comfortable to sit down or get off of. Once white rugs need to be replaced. No fresh flowers (as advertised on site). There are "expansive window walls", but absolutely no views; hotel is a block from the ocean. Link on website to terrific Avenue Restaurant is misleading, since it is not next to hotel but on next block. Great at winter rates, not so sure I'd feel the same if top notch summer prices were paid. Staff all very nice.

Room Tip: no double bedded rooms are available, but some rooms have day bed sofas that function as twin beds.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank soresident
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Subject: Thanks Very Much-Bungalow Hotel-Jersey Shore
Dear Greg,

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at the BUNGALOW HOTEL in September. You and your staff were very friendly and helpful; this added much to my five day fall visit.

The BUNGALOW is definitely the place to stay on the Jersey Shore----a great, beautiful, architecturally stunning, creatively decorated hotel. A wonderful home away from home.

The BUNGALOW will be our NJ destination when we travel again to Jersey Shore and we look forward to seeing you on our next East Coast trip.

Please give my best to your staff and a special thank you to you for running a terrific hotel.

We look forward to a future visit.

Thanks much and and all the best!

John & Nancy

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I recently visited the Bungalow for a small get away with my boyfriend and I was blown away! We purchased the romance package and when we got there we had chocolate covered strawberries and champagne set up in the room and dinner over at the Avenue. It was a perfect little getaway, my only complaint is that I was only able to stay one night... I will recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask about their package deals.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple