“Food still good, but a disappointing experience this time. ”

DeAnna's Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 51 Restaurants in Lambertville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

So it’s been a few years since we’ve been to DeAnna’s but when new friends asked if we’ve ever been, we jumped at the chance to go with them! It was a Sat night and we got there in time to have a drink at the bar before our 8:00 reservation. Armand was delightful and it was good to see him again. Dinners were ordered, two of us ordered meatballs to go with our pasta dish ( sausage was not an option) after our correct dishes were put in front of us.......(Missy had served 3 of us), my husband noticing his was not what he had ordered.........she quickly grabbed them back and took to the table behind us...Ooops! Now our correct dishes are in front of us.........me and the other guest did not have our meatball....Mark, our server is called over and says, oh yeah, they’re all gone, not one left. In my opinion, not the right time to tell us as we could have made another dinner choice. Upon our disappointment, Mark proceeds to say, yeah they give them to the local dogs when they’re making them. He finishes with “ Around here they like dogs better than people!” Listen the food was good, always is. I know DeAnna was not there this Saturday night. I just think she may want to know what guests experiences are in her dining room. Sorry to say, none of us will be rushing back.

1  Thank arlene846

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went to Deanna’s this evening, no reservation, asked the hostess if we would be able to get a table for two for dinner, she said no problem this was at 7:40. She told me that we would be seated at 8:30, I told her that would be great and we would be at the bar, thank you! This was not our first time at this establishment although it will be our last. At 8:40 I asked the bar tender if the hostess had left for the evening, he chuckled and said no and that they were very busy. He asked if we had a reservation, I said no but the hostess said we would be seated at 8:30. He told me he would look into it. 8:45 the hostess comes over and told me that she was very sorry that she wouldn’t be able to seat us because they were out of food! Are you kidding me? We are there for an hour I have to ask about our table and you tell me you have no food and I’m sorry. So much for celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary! Thanks Deanna, on second thought no thanks and never again. Perhaps you and your staff should get a clue on customer service.

4  Thank Drew C
Reviewed 28 May 2018

DeAnna's has long been our favorite restaurant in a town filled with great places to eat. We love the bar, the vibe, and until recently, the food. Two visits back, I had the worst stuffed shells I've ever tasted. The shells might as well have been frozen, and the sauce tasted like tomato flavored water. As bad as that was, our next and most recent visit would be even worse.

It started at the bar with great cocktail and a friendly bartender. Once seated, however, we waited for a full half hour before anyone seemed to notice we were there. The person who took our order seemed put out, as if we were bothering her by being there. My daughter wanted to order gnocchi without meat and so asked if they could be done in a cream sauce. After a full 10 second silence, she said, "No, I don't think DeAnna can do that." When I asked if peas could be added to my pasta Bolognese, she said, "No, DeAnna won't do that." I was then told that DeAnna would also not cook the steak special to the level I wanted--just past medium What???

I ended up ordering the pasta fra diavolo. The mussels were horribly less than fresh, as were the clams. Once again, the sauce tasted like water. When I told the waiter I was displeased, he immediately responded, "Was it the mussels?" A pretty clear indication they'd already had complaints and were still serving them. They did not charge me for the dish, but neither did they ask if I wanted something to replace it. At that point, the three of us just wanted the night to be over. So disappointing.

I so very much want to keep liking DeAnna's, but I'm not certain that I can. This may be the last time we visit. Might have to look for another place in Lambertville to replace it as our favorite, which is too bad as we have some great memories there.

3  Thank EDeSjr
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

DeAnna's came recomended by friends. Stopped in Saturday 2/17 for dinner. Warmly greeted by Bartender and Waitress. Valentine's Day decorations still up and we enjoyed the whimsy. Grilled ceasar salad was tasty and large enough to share. All items al a carte. Small basket garlic bread $5. I ordered the chef special manicotti with sausage however miscommunication between Mark the waiter and Chef brought plain manicotti. Cost $25. Disappointed. This was brought to Mark's attention however no action other than apology. This entre was not the best value. Overall service by Mark was very good. Overall average experience, probably would not return.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

We have gone to De Annas several times and have never been disappointed. Yes, sometimes the service isn't as quick as other times but the food is ALWAYS wonderful. It's charming and eclectic atmosphere always makes for a fun night out. We suggest stopping at the bar for a drink and appetizer or call ahead for a reservation on the weekend to have dinner. We have also been there a few times when they have had live music which was nice. In the summer they have outside dining which was also a great dining experience. Just recently had NYE dinner there with 2 other couples and the pasta was delicious!