“We used to go to Brian's a lot, but haven't been here for a while.That was a mistake”
Review of Brian's

Brian's
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Lambertville
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2018

This was the first time in a long time with Brian's restaurant. There were 2 3 of us, and we c all had a great meal. I had the Crab Risotto,which was very good.I had Halibut as my entree, wonderful and a great portion. The desert pot du creme, was good, but not great,
Our waitress was very attentive and friendly.

Overall, a very good meal. I will be back!

Reviewed 30 August 2018

We had been told that Brian's was beyond compare. but we found it average at best. The service was lacking in professi0onalism and the place is one of the loudest restaurants I have ever experienced. The cuisine is very average and not worth the trouble

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Met friends for dinner Saturday evening. We all enjoyed completely different starters,entrees and desserts. Delicious! Our server was very attentive and the service was prompt. No waiting. Only drawback is the noise volume, wow, super loud.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

After reading reviews and talking to people, we were really looking forward to our dinner at Brian's. We arrived and were seated promptly and given menus to study. We were asked to order all 3 courses at the same time, I guess so that the kitchen could prepare. So, OK. For our first courses, my husband had the chilled cucumber soup with raw oysters, which he loved! I had the tuna tartare with avocado, ginger soy vinaigrette and petite salad greens. Also delicious and both very creative. For my main, I chose the beef short ribs with bordelaise sauce, which had been highly recommended in reviews. It was superb, tender and flavorful! From here, sadly, we go downhill. My husband ordered the halibut with tomato, fennel, saffron and fingerling potatoes. When it arrived, the fish was overcooked! This should never happen in a restaurant like this! When our waitress asked, later, how everything was, my husband told her the fish was dry and over cooked and she shrugged and said "that happens". Again, that should never happen in such a place. Now, we probably should have sent back the fish, but that would have meant that I would have to have eaten mine while husband waited. Not an good choice!
Now, on to the desserts. We don't usually order dessert, but since this was a prix fixe meal, we did. We told our server that my husband is lactose intolerant, and what could he order that didn't have milk or cream. Big discussion about leaving out ice cream or whipped cream, etc. The server said that the bananas foster had only a bit of cream in the sauce, so my husband decided to order that. When it came, it looked like no cream at all in the sauce, but after all that discussion, it was served with a scoop of ice cream on top! Did the server forget the whole discussion about cream?!? And after all that, neither dessert was amazing. I ordered the white chocolate bread pudding, which was only OK, as was the bananas foster.
So all in all, half of the dishes were quite spectacular, but the other three below par. Not a good average, I think!

1  Thank Peggy L
Reviewed 24 July 2018

Our best friends Tina and Greg brought us here last Saturday night for our 25th Wedding Anniversary surprise dinner, wow we were not disappointed !

A prix fixe concept giving you a choice of one Appetizer from six, one Entree from six and one desert from five.

My appetizer choice was the Tuna Tartare with avocado, ginger soy vinaigrette and petite salad greens... delicious, followed by the Duck Breast with cherry sauce for entree and to top it off White Chocolate Bread Pudding with Amaretto Sauce followed by Espresso !

Wine pairing Joel Gott, Sauv blank followed by J Pinot Noir, our server Melanie and her team were great and the hot bread extra crispy was to die for...

Brian, if you read your reviews, please, please consider opening this style of BYOB, great food at a reasonable price in Clinton NJ you would be sold out every night !!!

Alan.

PS. They even had "Happy 25th Anniversary" on our menu's :-)