“Never a bad meal”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2017

Madame Claude has been in my neighborhood since, forever. I have never had a bad meal nor service. It's consistently good to the core.

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Came here with friends. This place is kinda hidden, but inside has a great atmosphere. We got a bunch of different drinks and pick on foods. The oysters and flourless cake were my favorites. Anthony, the bartender, was fantastic. Absolutely incredible service. Can't wait to come back here!

Reviewed 16 January 2017

I came here for a holiday dinner with nine colleagues. Everyone raved about the food. I had a lentil salad which was delightful but much too big as an appetizer! I followed that with the salmon which was pan seared and served with a medley of seasonal vegetables. Again, perfect! Presentation was well done and the bread was great. For dessert I had the apple tart with vanilla ice cream. I must confess I am not a fan of French wine (they only serve French wine) but the wine we had was good and it was appropriate given where we were dining!

The ambiance is lovely: all brick and the bar was beautiful. the service was also very good--not rushed and attentive overall, though we did have to flag our waiter down to order more wine. Great time and great food

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

The restaurant is tucked away on 4th Street in Jersey City but it is worth the exploration. Food is excellent and fresh and the price completely reasonable. Do the house carafe as the price is perfect for a tasty wine.

We had appetizers of the mesclun salad, escargot, and the special which baby octopus braised in a curry sauce.

Main dishes were great too especially the crepes. These are hearty dishes and perfectly executed at $15!!!

The lighting is romantic, which does create issues for us food photographers. But who cares when the food tastes this good.

Reviewed 26 November 2016

We enjoyed our recent visit to Madame Claude's, we were excited to see their new location and it did not disappoint! Loved the venue, much larger than the original restaurant, and the food is just as good. The service and ambiance were first rate. One drawback was that the restaurant was noisy and it was difficult to have a conversation, I think the high ceilings amplify sound. Overall, a great place, we are looking forward to going back on a Thursday evening when they have live music.