“Long time winner.”

Price range: USD 31 - USD 40
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kennedy Boulevard
Transit: 3 short blocks from the PATH Station at Journal Square. Convenient to local bus lines as well as all major highways. Beat the rush into Manhattan and stop at Casa Dante!
Description: Known for fine food, excellent service, great ambiance and a history of exceptional quality since 1971. Weekend live entertainment rounds out a diners experience at this Jersey City Landmark restaurant. Jazz Fridays with Happy Hour and Saturday night live standards & pop entertainment. A favorite of foodies, celebrities, sports figures, politicians and many loyal customers in the N.Y., N.J. metro area. Large banquet room and lounge area available for parties, weddings, rehearsal dinners, on-premise valet parking. Casa Dante, awarded 3 1/2 ( of 4) Stars by the NJ Star Ledger, 2013 Wine Spectator Award, Open Table Diners Choice Award 2013 Best Italian, Best Food, Best Overall. Trip Advisors Certificate of Excellence for 2013 Best Italian Restaurant by AOL & Top 10 Best Italian in NYC, yes, NYC, by Citysearch Live Entertainment Weekends. Valet Parking on Premises, full Bar and Wine service. Parties of 10 to 140 Executive Chef Gregg Freda.
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Been enjoying for over 40 years. Great Italian food..consistent in it's quality and service . Even with new owners, they manage delicious food and a friendly bar.

2  Thank Patricia A C

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Very good food. The atmosphere was a bit weird like in a movie: a lot of italian waitresses looking a little maffia-like and healthy luxureous foods and wines.

2  Thank Dionne B
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We went on a double date last Saturday night out to Jersey City, and boy was it worth it. Easy to get to from the PATH (we came from the city, our friends came from Hoboken), we sat at a table in the corner and danced, sang, laughed and, oh yeah, ate, all night long. We had great meatballs, seafood salad, pasta, salads, house specialties, and homemade desserts. Highly recommended: profiteroles, meatballs, seafood salad, Veal a la Dante, scungili fra diavolo. Service was great, and the entertainment for the night made it more than just a meal.

1  Thank iamnyc
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Food, service are still old world quality. Just wonderful! This Jersey City girl has been going here for decades. Whether it is a retirement dinner, lunch with the ladies or a romantic meal with music, this is a great place!

2  Thank megtaylor10
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I was introduced to Casa Dante by a personal recommendation from a friend and then read the reviews online before I booked. I had a great night out, the food was terrific with deeply flavorsome sauces. I had the Sicilian Meatballs with mixed meats, pine nuts and hints of fruit in them in a wonderful flavor rich tomato sauce. I was served by Rosario who I learned has been working at Casa Dante for 25 years. I was also taken great care of by the Maitre D' Lou who I later learned has been working at Casa Dante for 42 years. I noted that Lou greeted each guest warmly but respectfully by their name and in turn the guests, many obviously regular customers, were genuinely appreciative of his attention. The facts that there are so many good reviews and that the staff have such loyalty to the business which seems matched in turn by the the customers loyalty, should tell you something about why this is a great place to enjoy an evening out. I also noted that although the restaurant is fitted with modern computerised point of sale software systems for tracking ordering etc (forgive the diversion please) and even though orders where subsequently entered into this system, that when talking with the guests none of the waiters I saw wrote anything down, neither the food or drink orders, but rather maintained an engaging and respectful eye contact with the diners when taking the orders - truly this is as remarkable in this day and age as the longevity of the restaurant and the obvious loyalty and love for Casa Dante shown by it's long serving staff. It's this sort of detail, along with the flavors of course that make Casa Dante a true gem deserving of reverence and respect. I decided to ignore the menu and simply ask Lou to bring me his best veal dish which he did - and WOW was it good!!! The veal was thinly cut and cooked in butter, white wine and lemon juice, served with broccoli cooked in garlic and I think olive oil with mashed then rolled and fried potato. The veal was so tender that I could cut it with my fork. As for my tastebuds, the meals were exquisite. To finish off, and I didn't want the experience to really finish, I again decided to ask for and follow the suggestion of Lou who brought me a Tiramisu that was right on the money for taste, texture and obviously freshly made. This was washed down with a short black Espresso coffee that intriguingly kept its Crema head intact for 5 minutes whilst I enjoyed the Tiramisu and some further talking with Lou and Rosario. The flavor of the coffee, like everything else I had tasted was classical and simply perfect. I very much appreciated the very many little touches that went into making this a wonderful experience. Well done indeed.

1  Thank lukebutler1954