“Authentic Puerto rico”

ME Casa
Ranked #70 of 764 Restaurants in Jersey City
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Reservations
Description: So good! I live across the street from this place and was hungry so I decided to check it out with my boyfriend. The place that was there before was not good at all. It is a new restaurant with new owners. Boy was I pleasantly surprised. The appetizers Empanadas and trio of Monfongos are freaking to die for. I am not of Puerto Rican decent but I have seen the light of what I have been missing. The Entrees were equally as tasty, my boyfriend had the pork and I had the chicken with Aji Verde sauce. So yummy , the owner calls this his money sauce, which could not be any further from the truth. I know online their menu was like family style but that is a typo they serve single entrees. I was a chef for over ten years before I got into food sales. I know my food! This place is a diamond in the rough excellent.
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

This restaurant didn't disappoint. Went for late lunch on a Saturday afternoon and really enjoyed ourselves. We ate mini monfongos, accapudias, rice and beans with fish. It was all good. The owner came our and greeted us. The son was the waiter. Very nice small intimate place with great music playing. The next day my BF got us take out to go. Besides the 5 lbs I gained, lol, was perfect.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

i heard a lot of good things about this place and coming from a pr neighborhood from brooklyn, i expected a lot. well, i was quite pleased with the food. had the pernil and a side of tostones. it brought me back to my old neighborhood- the taste, aroma, the music--everything! the food was materfully prepared (see pictures attached), yes it tasted as good as it looked. oh i will be back!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

I heard good things of this restaurant but when we sat down to eat there on Sunday I thought we were never going to leave. It was almost an hour before we saw an appetizer and another hour before we saw our dinner. No refills were offered on our soft drinks and our waiter never owned up to the fact that he screwed up. I did not see a manager in the place. The other waitress was picking up the screw ups slack. If it wasn't for her we would still be waiting for our meals. The 3 of us were offered 1 free dessert for our trouble. We were seated at 5:30pm and left the place at 8:00. Needless to say that we will not be going back unless changes are made to improve efficiency and quality of service.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 16 January 2017

Came in for dinner on a Thursday night at around 8 and had a much better experience with the food this time around. We had a Groupon deal, which included an appetizer, two entrees, and two soft drinks.

To start, we ordered the Papas Rellena (fried mashed potato balls filled with beef picadillo). I loved these! They tasted like rice balls, but with potatoes, and were fried perfectly. Plus, the green sauce they served it with was like crack (I remember really liking this sauce last time too).

For my entree, I went with the Asopao de Camarones (shrimp gumbo). The flavor was pretty good but it was more like a soup than a gumbo, consistency-wise. I liked that they gave a good amount of shrimp.

For my boyfriend's entree, he had the mofongo with beef stew. I can't speak too much on this one since I'm not a huge fan of plantains, but he really enjoyed the dish.

Tip - BYOB!

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 5 January 2017

I really enjoyed the food. Very flavorful and tasty. And really inexpensive. If you are looking for something a little different, this is a good stop!

Date of visit: November 2016