3,176 results
All reviews vu restaurant statue of liberty hudson river manhattan skyline path train new york great view lower manhattan the world trade center freedom tower right next door exchange place path water taxi the empire state building valet parking into nyc easy access
Reviewed 16 October 2014

While the hotel was very clean, décor was great, food was excellent, view was breathtaking and the amenities met our every need, the staff was one of the best that I have ever encountered since my travelling days started over 36 years ago. They were knowledgeable in their respective positions, polite beyond belief and truly, honestly friendly. Not the friendliness demanded by being in the hotel business, it was as if we were meeting a new friend. A friend, who wanted to ensure that our stay was all that we were looking for and not just within the confines of the hotel. They wanted our New Jersey and New York experience to be one that would be memorable, talked and written about and one that left us wanting to return. We asked several staff what made them so more then just a hotel staff member, what was the hotel giving you or promising. They laughed and replied that they just wanted us to be happy during our stay. Food was uniquely prepared and presented and enough to satisfy the hunger one gets from being a “New York” tourist all day. I must add that the staff was very accommodating, extremely pleasant and very helpful.While we didn't have any children with us our group had a total of four with different tastes and attitudes. Once again, the staff was able to accommodate all food requests and even when it wasn't listed on the menu. For example, one of the children is an ardent lover of rice and chicken, so the cook staff made him the dish the way he wanted. There was another similar request from another child but the details elude me at this time. Once again, meeting and exceeding the needs of the customer, demonstrating that the staff is customer focused at all times. Mission accomplished, we will be back!!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 15 October 2014

If you're looking for a place outside of the city, they Jersey City Hyatt may be the place for you. The rooms are comfortable and clean, but somewhat compact. The first night of our weekend stay there was a wedding reception on the 9th floor(we were on the 7th) which sounded like it was right above us. Management was apologetic and nice, but do ask about parties when booking(the music ended at 11p). Upper floors have great views(make sure you request) but are vulnerable to the noise from above, while the lower floors have good views but are private and quiet. Staff was extremely polite and efficient. Valet parking is $32 a night. Pricey, but fast. If you plan on not using your car do the cheaper parking and save a few bucks. The parking lot for the cheaper parking is just a 5 minute walk from the hotel(drop off your bags first). The hotel is 5 minutes driving time from the Holland Tunnel, and(if the station is open) just across the street from the Path station which gives an easy commute into Manhattan. Ask about renovations at the Path station and whether or not it is open. Would I stay there again? Absolutely. Just do your research as a good TripAdvisor reader does and get a good rate. Remember, it takes a little work to get to the hotel since it's not in Manhattan. So, it's not super convenient for those who are spending most of their time in NYC. But, it was sold out for the weekend we were there, and many of those that I spoke with were going into the city for its various offerings.. I hope this helps.

Reviewed 14 October 2014

stayed at the property for two nights. Found it to be very clean and the views of NJ downtown and the Manhattan was gorgeous. However, service was terrible, requested microwave in room, took four calls in total to the front desk and 25 minutes wait before it arrived. It gets even better.. When it did finally arrive, found food stains on the inside, filthy. Called back and it was the same dreading wait and calls. Front desk staff not as helpful as expected. Being a four and half star property, costumer service provided was of a three star property. every time I approached someone at the front desk, I got the vibe that front desk attendants were reluctant to help. Will definitely consider other options in NJ next time.

1  Thank Bawamoe
Christopher F, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2014

Dear Bawamoe,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us as it is important for us to improve the quality of stay for our guests.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems and inconveniences you have experienced. It is of the utmost importance to us that the service as well as the product afforded to our guests be expedient as well as efficient and courteous.

Should you return and stay at our hotel, please send me an email directly so I can see your stay through.

Thank you for your time and feedback.

Chris F

Reviewed 14 October 2014

Aside from the business center, I cannot think of anything that this hotel was lacking. My daughter held her wedding reception here and I would recommend that to anyone who is looking for an elegant venue.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 14 October 2014

A great big thank you to Catherine in the Vu restaurant. We had a lovely stay at this Hyatt, the Metro is located outside the front entrance and the views of the city were amazing.

I really enjoyed being outside the city, the views from the rooms are amazing and the staff could't do enough for you.

Yes there were many business travellers at the hotel, however the staff offered us an experience perfect for someone new to the city.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple