All reviews honor system exchange place free laundry light rail path station new york full kitchen pots and pans one bedroom suite extended stay hudson river grocery store minute walk dvd player small shop walking distance large bathroom
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

The location is very good. You can walk to the Path station and in few minutes will be in Manhattan. The ferry also is in a walking distance. The room size is very good with a kitchen with almost everything you need.
Very nice staff. There is also a pretty nice gym.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ricardo S
CWSJC, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the team made you feel welcomed. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Candlewood Suites Jersey City during your next visit!

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

I love Candlewood Hotels.
Rooms are big, you have all you need just like being at home.
Very close to the PATH and the Paulus Hook...easy to get to NYC.
Plenty of dinning options near by the hotel.
Rooms are clean.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank agnursmith

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience! I'm glad you felt at home and comfortable during your stay. The hotel is conveniently located very close to transportation to get in and out of Manhattan very easily. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Candlewood Suites Jersey City during your next visit!

Reviewed 31 October 2016

Candlewood Suites in Jersey City affords good quality rooms at reasonable prices. The hotel is a little worse of wear though. The room or rather a suite was excellent. Apparently new mattresses had been put in, The room offered all kinds of amenities for cooking etc. The hotel is well connected to Manhattan through the Exchange Station on the Path Line. We found a large mall, food joints nearby. The commuting to Manhattan was also quite easy.
The hotel offers no breakfast and does not have a lobby for people to wait. They need to address this.
The staff was quite competent and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Anas W
CWSJC, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jersey City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience. I'm glad you enjoyed your overall stay with us and enjoyed your spacious suite. The hotel just received all new mattresses, pillows, carpeting and kitchen floors in everyone of our rooms. Since we are an extended stay hotel, we offer breakfast items for purchase in our Candlewood Cupboard. A lot of our guests choose to make breakfast in their rooms since they utilize their suite as their home away from home for weeks or months at a time. I encourage you to explore our other IHG brands that have additional amenities such as complimentary breakfast. We also are in the works to renovate our lobby area in the near future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

We spent 8 nights in a queen bed room, which was absolutely equiped by washing machine, microwave owen, owen and fridzs. The bed was quite ok, and the bath room also. We had numerous tv chanel and we could use the Tv's separately as both rooms had one. The check in was fast and we got every information we need, like the housekeeping frequency. We were informed that once a week it was available for the rooms. We discussed that we would have need it earlier than Wednesday because this was our last day. Four days later we requested a cleaning service and we were promised to get it a day after. Two days later the lady arrived into our room when we still was there and on that day never returned. The coffee and tea is free and the laundry also can be used free. I can recommend this hotel. :-)

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found the suite to provide everything you needed for a longer stay. We do only provide housekeeping once every 7 days and is based upon your check in date. Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 21 October 2016

Tonia at the desk was great. However I had asked for the same accommodations when I reserved the room for 3 nights. I had stated I wanted the separate bedroom as our daughter was traveling with us. When we arrived there was just one bed. There was no couch or anything for my daughter to sleep on. We were already in a hurry as the traffic had made us an hour late to a opening at a galler in Manhattan. Tonia was great about changing our room for us. However we were charged more which I understand. Then when we received the bill at the end we paid $25 a day for parking that I don't remember paying in May. The hotel was nice and Tonia was great but in the end the hotel cost to much. We won't be staying again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience. I'm happy we had the opportunity to welcome you back and Tonia made you feel at home. We did increase our parking rates in July and is inline with other hotels in Jersey City. Our one bedroom accommodations are $20 more per night since they offer a larger space for our guests. I'm sorry that you feel the hotel was too expensive during your stay and hope we can welcolme you back during a time of the year where we can accommodate a price more in line with what you are looking for. Thank you again for your feedback.
April