“Nasaki!!!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Path Train to Grove Street Station
Description: Japanese Hibachi and Sushi Restaurant. Best & Fresh: Sushi and Sashimi Rolls. Great experience with ours fresh food and real fun on Hibachi show. (Best In Town) Teste and feel it by your self at Teppan. We love to serve best to all our customers (as ours family members) Who step in ours restaurant, we make sure they have the best food & with real fun together with us. Teppan Goal :) "Everyone enjoy they food and feel like they home food at Teppan"
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Arrived at 7:12, promised a 20 minute wait, but seated 7:50, waiting till 8:15 for the starter. The starter I ordered was mushroom broth with thin slices of mushroom peppered with scallions and a sort of thin tempura on the bottom. So far, delicious. 8:28 for the hibachi guy to arrive. He asked the table their meat preference, and we chose medium-rare. Started with eggs, then added fried rice. Bunch of fire everywhere, and the guy was really nice! Noodles were next, and the vegetables were pushed into a corner. There was an onion blowtorch, and the noodles were served. Meat was next. Cooked, sliced, and diced. It was cooked perfect med-rare. Shrimp was next. Thrown around, and a sauce was made. I was surprised when I took a bite, the sauce was tangy and delicious! That was it for the meal. The hibachi chef was very intent on his work, skilled with knives, and threw food and water in peoples’ mouths. “Nasaki!”

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Had a great time here. Chef was attentive and entertaining. Went with a large group of twenty-somethings and all had a great time! Food was fresh and portions were generous. A little pricey, but probably what you'd expect for Jersey City,

Reviewed 28 November 2017

I'm never really blown away by their food, but they have an expansive menu that's consistent and well-priced - I think that's why I keep coming back.

Their sushi is one of my favorites in Jersey City, and it's often better priced than other places in the area, especially if you get their lunch deal. They also have lots of other Japanese foods on their menu that other restaurants don't have. I find that many Japanese places in Jersey City focus mostly on sushi, but Teppan has a wide selection of entrees as well as hibachi, and that sets them apart from the crowd.

I usually order takeout, but if you want a place with a cool atmosphere to eat, consider coming here. They've got hibachi tables, and even if you don't want hibachi the whole restaurant has a pretty cool vibe. They've got blue and purple lights everywhere, giving the place a cool glow.

Overall, the food is good but not great, they've got hibachi, and they've got quite a few dishes that you can't find elsewhere in Jersey City. I think on food alone I'd give 3 stars, but due to their menu selection, atmosphere, and consistency I've got to bump it up to four.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I've come here many times with my family and from time to time the quality of the food remained consistently well. We ordered the grilled squid and roti canai for the appetizers and they had very generous portions. For the squid, the sauce complimented the squid really well and tasted amazing while the roti canai had a nice curry that wasn't too spicy and had bits of chicken and potato which tasted great with the bread. As for the entrées, I ordered the chirashi which had some fresh and delicious sashimi that paired nicely with the rice which tasted really good. My brother ordered the short rib entrée and said that it came with a lot of ribs that had lots of flavor. Overall, I would recommend this to people who like Japanese cuisine.

1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed 9 September 2017

We spent our long weekend in NJ and had dinner at this nice and clean restaurant. I definitely give them a thumbs up on this clean and well decorated restaurant, great sushi serving and my family was delighted with the services. Of course their fresh sushi is the best. Don't miss this place if you are around.