“Good, but not much above average”

Wok and Roll Asian Fusion
Ranked #9 of 84 Restaurants in Jackson
Reviewed 7 March 2017

I always worry when I see Japanese combined with Chinese, with a little Thai thrown in for good measure. Focus on ONE thing and do it well. I found the food average, nothing special and the service slow. The servers seemed frazzled; maybe they have too many tables to service.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Been here a number of times and takeout many times. Food is consistent if sometimes uninteresting. Overall better than average but we have hit a few "wish we hadnt" meals. My family likes it better than I. Especially for GF options. Give it a try!

1  Thank Iman55
Reviewed 14 February 2017

The sushi is amazing as well as everything else! Great for date night with BYOB or family night with the kids!

1  Thank jenflanagan51
Reviewed 31 January 2017

This restaurant has become my regular takeout service for Asian food. My wife and I also frequent the dining room for a lunch or dinner. The wait staff is always friendly but when it is crowded, it can be a bit slow.

We have only ever had once mixup in our order when we received the wrong soup. The food is fresh and the Thai selections are great. I'm not a sushi fan so cannot speak to the quality of those selections.

Portion sizes are smaller than some other restaurants but the taste of the food and freshness is excellent. My one complaint is that they don't offer a reduced price lunch menu like some other local Asian food restaurants so the price is higher in general.

1  Thank Dan S
Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

I've been here a few times the first 2 times in the restaurant and everything was great the second two times were take out one was on New Year's Eve 2014 and they gave us the wrong soup and forgot 2 items sauce on the side for sweet and sour ckn. the second time I had to take out was about spring 2016. Again they gave me the wrong soup. It must be something with those types of restaurants because I always order egg drop soup and get wonton. but no matter where I go I end up with wonton. don't understand why that happens. Anyway, I do like the General Tao's chicken and orange chicken at Wok and Roll.
I do recommend eating in the restaurant just don't go at a busy time. Always check your takeout orders in front other cashier before leaving the restaurant.

2  Thank chris s