See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 June 2017

This is a basic motor inn close to I-195 on Rt 9. We came since it was close to a family gathering and needed a clean comfortable.affordable place to stay.

There's no breakfast or coffee/tea in lobby nor an exercise room or pool. This is a small, family run motel with a fairly brusque manager.

I had asked for a late check-out, since the check-out was 11am and our event was at 1pm, and only 15 min away, but I was granted 15 minutes. [manager's accent was hard to understand, I almost thought he said 50 min more, but no, it was 15] That is not late. Needless to say, he was in the parking lot that morning as folks packed their cars with their luggage, casually collecting our keys, as if to appear helpful. [I saw it as a rush to GIVE ME THE KEY, b/c it's 11 am and time for you to go]

This motel had soap and shampoos in tiny portions, a fairly decent blowdryer in the bath and a small fridge, which helped chill our drinks. The TV was fairly nice and they had wifi which we didn't use. And an in-room coffeemaker. Which was adequate. But make no mistake, this is NO FRILLS !

You can expect a clean room, clean sheets, shower, microwave, a small refrigerator, and a lot of drawer space, counter space, ample lighting and working AC and heating unit.

They did have an electronic door key/card.

I forgot to pack my alarm clock and hoped to find [and set] an alarm clock radio- but there was none.

Minimal parking [one spot for each unit only] and mostly decent as it's perpendicular to the main road, so car noise is 'white noise' and mostly benign.

We did have a fair nights sleep on a 'small' queen bed that seemed to only be a full size, but maybe it was not in great shape so we rolled into each other.
Very no frills!

Upon return home, I noticed I lost an earring so I called to inquire to see if they may have found it. But before I could even explain what it looked like, I was rushed off the phone with a stern "NO" and was told there were no lost earrings found. [wow] Not sure what this guy's problem is, but he was so mean to me the 3 times I encountered him. I guess I'd come again, but have NO expectation to be met with a friendly smile.

Room Tip: Unfriendly manager, but decent room and price
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Nice little family owned hotel. Stayed here for 2 nights with my husband and kids in order to visit the beach in asbury park on a budget. Only a 15 minute drive to the beach, and there is a nice restaurant right across the street. Room was clean, staff was very friendly, and even left some breakfast items in the room for us each day. No frills, but it was perfect for our quick getaway.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Louise H
Reviewed 4 August 2016

We really liked this small family run Motel directly on US9, convenient for overnighting if you are planning to continue to Newark and New York city by the historic route. Everything is very well kept, clean and tidy. Rooms are spacious, have storage space, extra tables, a sofa, fridge, free coffee ( they're happy to hand out extra pads if you ask), and a quiet parking in front, so you can put your chair outside the room for a morning coffee. Wifi is very good ( high speed). Also there is Ivy Leage Bar and Grill right next door, the neughbourhood pub, restaurant where you can enjoy good food, sports TV, drinks, amidst the locals having a good time. I should prefer this little motel at any time to the blandness of a chain hotel/motel

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MarianneSammann
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

I needed a room for 1 night after a wedding in Spring Lake. Since it was peak season most places have 2 night minimum stays. I took a chance on this place because it was reasonable and not too far away.

It was clean and safe. Nothing fancy and you will definitely hear the road noise from Route 9. But if you just need a place to shower and sleep for a night it is fine.

And the bar across the street was a bonus. Perfect for a late night snack and a drink or 2 before bed.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dawnyy23
Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

This is a good basic motor hotel adjacent to 195 on Rt 9.
Don't expect breakfast in the lobby or an exercise room or a heated swimming pool. This is the ideal spot to just pull over, sign in, and go to sleep. WHAT I CALL NO FRILLS !
Expect to find a clean room, Clean bedding, shower, microwave ( popcorn? ), a dorm style refrigerator, and a lot of drawer space, counter space, ample lighting and working AC and heating unit.
The bathroom is a good size with the usual "in house" hair dryer provided.
The desk person was very kind and let me use a cell phone charger because these rooms don't offer this level of technology with charging stations ( this is truly "no frills" ). I never even inquired about WIFI and can't comment on that.
The most technology you'll get here is the electronic card key, which you merely "pass" near the door handle to open the door.
I wish they told me how to get in because I spent minutes fumbling looking for a slot to insert cardkey. Who knew ??
I don't know if they offer a " wake up call" here because I didn't need one. BUT, I recall my room (#205) didn't have even an alarm click radio ! Again, this is NO Frills. You'll get a good value, a real bang for the buck honesty here.
There is ample parking and it's nicely situated so you're not on top of the busy Rt 9.
I'll admit, you can hear some noise from the highway, but, for what I paid, I'm very happy to have enjoyed a good nights sleep on a comfy bed with nice soft pillows.
I don't know if they have an ice machine either, but a soda machine is adjacent to the office outdoors. No Frills!
Right next door to this AT 9 Motel is an eating/ drinking establishment, which I didn't visit, but was open for food at 11:00 on a Friday night.
But Rt 9 is loaded with strip malls from Lakewood (to the south) to Old Bridge, so finding food and something to do or go is easy from tho spot.
This place was clean by my standards, but i didn't appreciate

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo