“Very Lively Resturant! Good times”
Review of La Isla Uptown

La Isla Uptown
Reserve with OpenTable
La Isla Uptown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 348 Restaurants in Hoboken
Reviewed 2 May 2017

The place is new inside as it has just been open for a bit over a year now. I loved the bar area, and the seating was comfortable. It is a bit loud inside, between the music and the folks around talking, and at times it is a bit difficult to hear someone at your own table speaking. However for the cuisine you have to go. The food is very authentic, I would know I am Cuban. The black bean dip, with the fried plantains are really good. I would not suggest getting the Ceviche, not a fan on how they make it. The skirt steak on the salad was delicious. For cocktails we had the watermelon cooler...great cocktail for the summer. Parking in Hoboken is crazy, we took Uber..and it worked out much better than having to fight or try to find parking.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

We have been going here since it opened and never had a bad meal but....
We ordered food a couple of weeks ago to pick up as they don't deliver.
Our usual chicken in garlic sauce.
The chicken was so dry we couldn't eat it
It usually comes on a bed of spinach cooked.
This had a few uncooked leaves.
We called up the restaurant immediately
The manager was very nonchalant, he said ' well I can't refund the money but next time you are have a free dessert!!!
We don't eat dessert!
Then last week had lunch with my girlfriend I had the salad with shrimp which was delicious my friend had avocado tomato and chicken salad again the chicken was dry and gristly!
Come on La Isla get it together please

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

The food first: good location, nice setting, good atmosphere, good music giving it the latin flavor, and friendly service. Now I like the place , so the following critiques it to help them improve: the 3 specials of the day were out at 9:30 on a saturday, that's a no no. I was very disappointed since I came specially for the oaxtails. The shrimp ceviche was tasting good but not chilled enough. Room temperature ceviche is not great.
The fried yucca were not crisp enough, best cuban restaurants serve them crunchy. My pork shank was just ok, it was not falling from the bone, the way it should be. The sweet potato puree was great, as well as the churrasco. Malbec wine and cold beer were as expected. Tres leches ok.
Overall not too bad, but nothing extra either. At $50 pp, I do expect better food. I will give them another chance though.

Reviewed 31 December 2016

From the moment we entered this eatery we felt welcomed and at home. The staff was very helpful in explaining the menu and that nigjht's specials, and all 7 of us were very happy with our choices. I had the Ceviche (shrimp) appetizer and the hanger steak special, which turned out to be the nights "hit" at our table. The Fran was a great finishing touch for dessert and our two families thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant and the entire experience. We plan to come back again when the weather warms up!!

Reviewed 17 December 2016

First time to this new branch uptown. Much nicer than the older, small place downtown.
It was midweek and not too crowded, so we had a nice table. The waitress was great, gave us a taste of a few wines before our selection. The service was good, the food was good, not the best Cuban I've had but pretty good. The prices were reasonable with a good menu and wine list. Would definitely repeat.

1  Thank CMBobbo

Been to La Isla Uptown? Share your experiences!