“Anniversary Dinner”
Review of Bottagra

Bottagra
Reserve with OpenTable
Bottagra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Hawthorne
Price range: USD 12 - USD 35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lafayette
Description: Bottagra brings a Modern Mediterranean flare to a traditional Italian restaurant in North Jersey.Chef-Owner Carlo Carbonaro and Robert Vicari have fused their extensive restaurant and culinary expertise together, offering a variety of dishes originating from the northern and southern regions of Italy. The dining rooms are classic New York City exuding a unique feel reminiscent of modern Tuscan villas. Mosaic tiles adorn the walls; rich exquisite draperies in deep bronzes, golds and chocolate colors compliment the upscale feel to this new chic spot. Bottagra's menu features wonderful fresh and flavorful specials as well as a full bar and an extensive wine list. Experience Bottagra!
Reviewed 1 June 2015

My wife and I had an excellent time celebrating our 30th last night at Bottagra. It was my first time there and I really enjoyed it. We started with cocktails and were then surprised with a bottle of champagne sent to the table by my son, daughter and future son in law! Nice touch! Shrimp cocktail and a delicious seafood salad were next, followed by Veal Saltimbocca and one of the delicious seafood specials, Polenta encrusted Monk Fish. we finished with a desert of zeppolis dipped in warm Nutela. Decadent but excellent. Our server Keith was very attentive and really knew his details regarding the menu and specials. We can not wait to return!

Reviewed 28 May 2015

On a recent first visit to Bottagra was impressed by the number of dinner "specials" recited by the Captain. Decided to go with 2: gazpacho on this warm late spring
evening and the loin of lamb. Both sounded very good.
The gazpacho was disappointing, did not have any of the zip found in Spanish restaurants. The lamb was short on flavor, and not very substantial in portion considering the price which was well above all of the "regular" meat items on the menu.
Based upon other reviews, if going to Bottagra, stick with the menu listings.

Reviewed 9 April 2015

I was impressed from the beginning to the end. I was dining with long time friends, and we were enjoying the conversations & the delcious foods. The waiters were informative and pleasant. We shared their signature appetizer, the spinach malfatti. It was delicious!! All of our entree choices were plentiful & delicious as well. Not once, did we feel rushed to leave. This was a Tuesday evening. However, they were very busy with other customers. This restaurant was recommended & definitely worth a try!

Reviewed 5 February 2015

We visited here for the first time with friends. The hostess, Leslie, was extremely warm and welcoming. Service was great. We sat in a small private room with only a few tables, which was nice and quiet. The menu is very large and will accommodate any taste. Food was very good. Pork chop, veal scallopini, black linguini were all excellent choices. We loved the wine selection.

Reviewed 8 December 2014

I didn't believe I would return but we were invited to a 50th birthday party. There must have been 40 people in the party seated in a room to the left just before the main dinning area. The service was absolutely perfect and the food this time was even better. There was an array of appetizers ranging from Salads to Fried Calamari, the main course was Atlantic Salmon, Filet Mignon and Chicken Saltimbocca all excellent and making me want to return. Although still loud, I have changed my initial thought of this establishment..

2  Thank Michael Z