“Beautiful North Jersey Resort”

Grand Cascades Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We throughly enjoyed our Thursday afternoon through Saturday morning at the lodge.
The property, views, pools, and restaurants are wonderful. Our queen room was nice, but lacked a reasonable sized desk or a nice table and chairs. It was a challenge to enjoy our room service breakfast. The bathroom was very well appointed, bath products were lovely. Reflections Spa is absolutely amazing, my Vino Therapy massage was excellent, and the foot soak area following my service was very special. The complimentary champagne and chocolates were a nice touch.
Dinner at Crystal Tavern on Thursday was delicious. Dining at The Chef's Garden on Friday evening was a wonderful dining experience. The menu was fresh, different and perfect. I plan to return and book a suite when I do.

Room Tip: Request a high floor for the views and one that is not located too far from the ONE set of elevators...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,862)

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

After my Floridian vacation was cancelled due to hurricane Irma, my husband did extensive research online to find a last minute vacation spot. He found that grand cascades was highly rated for a babymoon (vacation pre-baby), so I called their reservations specialist. I booked a four night five day stay in a king suite, like an open plan room with kitchenette, washer and dryer, sofa and high def tv, balcony with mountain view, and king size bed. I was charged $2100 for the four nights. It wasn't until I received the confirmation email that I discovered three of the nights were $379 and one was $779 due to a corporate event and limited booking. The upkeep of the room was poor; tile falling off the bathroom vanity, scratches to the kitchen cabinets, having to hold the toilet handle to completely flush the toilet, and random dings and chips to the wall paint. I was told about all the wonderful amenities the hotel had to offer, which coincidentally were closed or unavailable during our stay. For instance, we stayed Monday thru Friday. Of the four on site restaurants, only one was open Monday to Thursday. The luxury biosphere pool was open on the inside, but not on the outside. The slide was closed each day unless you could find a lifeguard to open it. The 80 classes they claim to offer per week and activities were limited. Just to play foot golf (kick a soccer ball into an enlarged golf hole), we were told we needed an official tee time after 2pm, again because of the mid week scheduling. We did do archery, but only for the allotted 30 minutes. The wine cellar tour was beautiful and informative. A highlight of the stay was the spa services, which were jncredible, and the off site trap and skeet shooting. Maybe if we were golfers, this would have been our paradise, but since we aren't, it left us with little to do. Overall, the stay was okay, but I definitely think the hotel was severely overpriced for what I got.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Beautiful grounds. Rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed. The room I stayed in had a balcony, kitchenette, living room with seperate bedroom. Bathroom had a seperate shower and tub. On site bar and restaurant, huge wine selection. Would definitely stay again!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Salty4Life
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

My wife & I spent a long weekend at the Grand cascades and it is a magnificent facility in a beautiful part of NJ!!
No mater what you want to do it is there for you.
We chose to relax!
I played Wild Turkey golf course and will review it separately ( very nice tract)
My wife found a great spot to sit and read while taking in the scenery.
We ate at the Latour restaurant which was amazing ( another review)
They had entertainment and we went to Minerals hotel for a free show staring a talented magician/ mentalist who did some "tricks " that I could not believe!!
Here is what I found needs to be changed especially for older folks.
The site is spread out and although they offer golf cart transportation it wasn't that available. They need to add more carts for older folks.
I think the restaurant in the lobby should be open for breakfast. You need to order room service or walk about 200 yards for breakfast.
We waited an hour past the time that we asked our breakfast to be delivered.!!
Ok .. all in all it was a great restful stay and in a few weeks the area should look like a living coloring book as the trees change!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alphonse D
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Spa was amazing, room was beautiful and very clean. Once complaint about the room was the air conditioner was extremely noisy, woke me up several times overnight. Staff was very nice especially the spa staff.

Room Tip: Depending on what you are going for, we went for a relaxing couples stay, probably would be more lik...
Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GCL_FOM, Quality Assurance Team at Grand Cascades Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Irishgirl1974, we are delighted that you had such an amazing time at Reflections Spa! We will certainly have engineering look into that air conditioner issue and apologize for the inconvenience. We look forward to welcoming you back again and hope that when you return you experience our second resort spa, Elements.

Warmly,
Quality Assurance Team
Grand Cascades Lodge
Crystal Springs Resort

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamburg
1.5 km away
26.6 km away
Scottish Inns Milford
Scottish Inns Milford
#3 of 6 in Milford

Been to Grand Cascades Lodge? Share your experiences!