“Great for beer”

The Shepard and the Knucklehead Pub
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Haledon
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 27 September 2017

We enjoy going here due to last selection of beer. A great place for our guys night out. Enjoy sampling the beer. Friendly staff. Parking is very limited.

1  Thank GregLynn M

Reviewed 1 September 2017

the good: our waitress was excellent! the bad: beer flights were $5 per 8 oz. ... that makes a pint $10. Very pricey! the ugly: food was bland except for the fries, and background music was way too loud. If you're into overpaying for a big beer selection, have at it! Otherwise, shop around my friends.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Been here a bunch if times and it's definitely a favorite. Lots and lots of beers on tap as well as a good selection of liquor. The food is good too and definitely recommend the pretzels and chicken wings. The staff is always friendly

1  Thank Matthew G
Reviewed 25 May 2017

The food was horrible. We tried the soft pretzel and it was stale, YUK! If you can't get a pretzel right I knew we were in for a bad experiene. No surprise, I got the tuna tacos and they were having an identity crisis. Teriyaki tuna with pico de gayo, WHAT THE HECK? My husband had a burger, it was dry and tasteless. Even the fries were soggy. Don't go!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Listen, years ago I went to this place and I wasn't all that impressed. It always had lots of beer, but, it was a small space and the food wasn't that good. But, seriously, these people have changed completely. The space is bigger, including parking availability, the beer is pages deep, with all kinds of local beers and beers from the Northeast region. Then, if that wasn't enough, the food is substantially better. I mean, it's kind of good. They have this delicious mac and cheese and the salads are huge. Plus, they've added big to do meals. I don't know, but, the Shep is a pretty cool place not nowadays. I will admit that I don't go often enough, but, if you want a great bar, with a selection of great beers, then this is the place to go.

1  Thank Rosa S