“One of the Best Indian Dinners I Have Had for a While”
Review of Art of Spice

Art of Spice
Ranked #20 of 184 Restaurants in Hackensack
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 30 May 2017

My husband brought me to this restaurant and I am so glad he did! I just love Indian food, and this is one of the best Indian dinners I ever had. Really delicious. I can't wait to go back.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 6 May 2017

Four us returned to our favorite Indian restaurant in Northern New Jersey and we had the same tasty items we had on our previous visit. Everything was very good, but the was the service was a bit off, like when they reversed the dishes we had given them to pack for us to take home and we didn't realize that until we got home. But the food is the main thing and that was well-seasoned and spicy but not inedibly so. The breads are very good, including the naans, papadum and aloo paratha. I like the butter lamb; my wife enjoys the eggplant dishes. We also shared an order of Chicken 65 (not sure about their numbering system and what it means). Be sure to retain the receipt for 10% off your next meal. The cost was less than $100 for four of us. Parking on the street in front or in their lot in the rear.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 2 November 2016

I have mentioned that our perception of the food at this large beautifully decorated Indian restaurant in the heart of Hackensack has see-sawed from very good to just OK and back again. We ate there again last night with another couple and we all agreed that the flavors here are again on the upswing. Each of us was very happy with our choices and we all had plenty to both eat there and bring home enough for another dinner tonight. this has become our "go to" local Indian restaurant. My wife loves the eggplant chat, I enjoy the Butter lamb, and everyone enjoyed sharing the Chicken 65 appetizer.

I have to say, though, that we see very few patrons dining here. Last night while we were dining there were only about 3 other tables taken. We are concerned that this establishment might not last, so those of you who enjoy Indian meals should give this place a try. Don't forget to save your receipt for a 10% discount on your bill for your next visit.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

I mean out of control heat and spice level that can become unbearable. Not our first time here. Last time it was fine but I guess people indigenous to the cuisine must have asked to up the heat and spice level but we could not take it. Very unpleasant.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 9 September 2016

I call this review Jeckyll and Hyde because in the several times we have eaten here it has alternated between being very good and either a bunch better or a bit worse. On this latest visit last week it was just good, but not very good. The best part of this visit was going next door to Mike's Ice Cream for dessert. Again the prices were reasonable and it helped keep down the cost that the alcohol policy is BYOB.

Date of visit: September 2016