“Satisfying lunch buffet”

New Delhi Palace
Ranked #126 of 184 Restaurants in Hackensack
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 27 December 2016

The owner of this restaurant has been in several locations (Teaneck, South Hackensack) before opening New Delhi Palace on Main Street in Hackensack in 2016. Hopefully foot traffic will be better at this latest location. The food - especially the a la carte - is excellent and very tasty. I've also been there and had the owner bring out special complimentary treats from the back of other dishes he had cooking. I'm not saying to expect this, but it demonstrated that there is a wide range of food at the place.
The atmosphere is a step down from Art of Spice, but the buffet prices are good and the food seems authentic. The buffet usually has 2-3 chicken / meat dishes, salad bar, and 2-4 veggie options of staples. It's good, but a couple times I wished for greater variety.
Give it a try if you're looking for Indian in the Hackensack area.

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

The cauliflower was totally uncooked and tasted like fresh one from the grocery store. This dish was apparently named chilli gobi. I think the chef had taken some gravy out of uncooked biryani and added ginger garlic paste which was not fried properly as well and then added these cauliflowers and heaps of salt. I recommend never to visit this restaurant as they have no respect towards food.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 29 February 2016 via mobile

I think this restaurant have been moved from south state street to 136 MAIN STREET HACKENSACK.
Taste of the food they have is great. Good desserts.

Date of visit: February 2016
1  Thank ChaNdu R
Reviewed 3 May 2015

When I got there the place was EMPTY! Now I know why. Aren't many Hindus vegetarian? Well, that's why they're not going to this buffet. The least vegetables I've ever seen on a buffet in my lifetime. Obnoxious, argumenative owner. The Good News - you don't have to go there to find this out yourself. And for you meat eaters, How Do You Spell "Chicken"? And it's - BYOV - Bring Your Own Vegetables. If you find a good buffet,let us know.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 8 April 2015

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Hackensack. Consistently had outstanding food, and service. The decor is simple, but beautiful, and a lot of seating in the dining area. I usually stop in for the lunch buffet with my wife. It usually has about 3- 4 meat selections, and a lot of veggies dishes. I pride myself on being a certified carnivore, but if i had to be a vegetarian this is where I would eat! The staff is always attentive, but not constantly hovering over you. Hands down one of the most consistent restaurants I have ever been in. fantastic

Date of visit: March 2015