“Our new favorite place”
Review of The ChopHouse

The ChopHouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The ChopHouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Gibbsboro
Price range: USD 25 - USD 75
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Clementon Road
Description: The Chophouse is a beautiful mission style lakefront restaurant in Gibbsboro, NJ, offering the finest in traditional steakhouse cuisine. We specialize in Dry-Aged Steaks done on premise. The Chophouse is the proud recipient of many awards including "Best of Citysearch Steakhouse", "Best of Philly- Steakhouse", "Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence" and many more. Regardless of your culinary preference – steaks, chops or seafood – we invite you to enjoy a relaxing drink, savor our award winning dinner menu, entertain a gathering of friends and celebrate life in style.
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

We hadn’t been here in a long time but that will change. This place has a warm and cozy environment. It’s upscale but not snooty. Everyone was friendly and professional. The oysters were perfect. My Chophouse salad was huge. We should have shared it. I had the salmon which was cooked to perfection. My husband had the wedge salad and scallops. They both looked wonderful. The Chophouse is our new favorite place to dine.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I go to The Chophouse one or two times a year when visiting family in NJ and am never disappointed. The manager Anthony, server Andrew and Chef Marquis all make a concerted effort to make sure our evening was the best it could be. They succeeded! From the amazing valet parkers to the hostess stand we were greeted with professionalism. The setting and decor is wonderful. You can sit with a view of the water. Very comfortable chairs and tables not too close together. Fireplace going. The food was amazing and overwhelming in portions. We had the best birthday dinner for the boys! Can't wait till I go back again.

1  Thank Explorer1904
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Based on how much I talked about the Chop House, we had to go there to celebrate a family birthday. I raved about the Kona and my children (adults) somewhat rolled their eyes and said OK let’s go there. Well after the dinner they were also win over.

As before the service was great. We went on a rainy Sunday and there were a few less people there and we were seated in a different section. So the noise level was lower this time.

As before, the service was excellent. In addition to the birthday celebration we were also celebrating the purchase of a beach house and the waiter delivered keys with dessert to our children. A memorable night.

Now I need to bring 2 other couple here as they have heard the same great reviews.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

One of the best steaks I've ever had. Prices are quite expensive for what it is though. Would have been 5 stars but I also had the French onion soup and a salad both of which were disappointing. Go for the steak, skip the soup and salad. Also got the creme brûlée which was delicious.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Went to the ChopHouse about 2 years ago, had a horrible experience while seated at the back bar. Swore I would never go back.

Got a gift card and decided to go back and give it another chance. SAME EXACT experience. The absolute worst service! The bar tenders absolutely ignore you, your empty drinks, and empty plates!!! If you want anything plan on flagging them down! Awful! Hoping the food would make up for the service, it came out fast but that was all I can say. The seasonal green salad was overwhelmed with the taste of onion! Calamari was average, and the drink menu is lack luster at best.
If you want a better experience and food in this area, head to Giumerellos!!!! Best service, drinks, and food! They are around the same price point and you won't be disappointed!!!
Never again ChopHouse!