“Won’t be back”
Review of Old Bukhara

Old Bukhara
Ranked #112 of 186 Restaurants in Freehold
Price range: USD 3 - USD 30
Description: Authentic Uzbek cuisine in the heart of Central Jersey. We offer variety of kebabs and signature Uzbek dishes.
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Old Bukhara for late lunch few days ago. First thing we noticed is that restaurant is very dark, even in broad daylight, thanks to dropped ceiling that is painted black. Why?
Service good and very friendly, although my wife and I were only patrons at the time.

Fairly extensive menu. Soup was pricey for what amounted to a half-bowl. It was very good, with lots of dumplings that looked and tasted very much like meat-filled tortellini. There were no vegetables in the soup like there is in the picture on the menu, just broth and dumplings - tasted good, but could have been more exciting for the price. My wife’s salad was ok, although green apple was the dominant component and the only one you could taste.
My wife’s chicken kebab was just that - 7 or 8 pieces of chicken - and nothing else - on a skewer. One cup of plain rice was $4 extra! My entree was lamb cooked with prunes that sounded interesting and came highly recommended by the waiter. The lamb was over cooked, the prunes were unrecognizable ( it was too dark to see), and the whole dish was very bland and very greasy.

We will not be back.