“A change of pace..”

Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fort Lee
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Located across the George Washington bridge from Upper, Upper Manhattan (Washington Heights ) , this place is a more affordable way to see New York City if you don't mind a little inconvenience.

From the hotel , it is really easy to catch a bus or van (about $3) to the George Washinton bus terminal which is connected to the A train subway at 175th street. It is a bit more challenging to get back to the hotel but doable if you coordinate it right.

The hotel is old and not spectacular but has some good qualities: lots of electrical outlets, free internet, nice towels , great (really great) bagels, Keruig coffee makers, a nice bar ( where they pour, not measure ) and self service laundry facilities .

the A is an express train during the day so you get to and from Time Square quickly but it has a whole lot of commuters at rush hours. This train also has access to the LGA bus and the JFK Air Train.

Washington Heights has really good ethnic foods and small markets and wine stores close to the bus terminal.

Give it a try, you will save a lot. Best for the adventuresome, not so much if you have small kids due to the effort to get into the main part of the city.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tom W

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I'm a Spire Elite IHG member and I've stayed in this hotel on many occasions. It's 5 star service and a great location with easy access to NYC. It's got a nice pool area & free parking & free shuttle service for the local area. The restaurant & lounge are great with very reasonable prices and good food and services. Special kudos to Duane Hunter who took great care of my needs to make my stay very comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Eduardo C
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Great location for easy access to NYC or venues in New Jersey. I paid $129 for a last minute booking of a 2 bed queen room. Very clean. I arrived late and was happy that the lobby was stocked with good vending machines since there is no room service. Simple and great value.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank KatMom419
Reviewed 2 August 2017

This is a bad hotel which is poorly managed. My husband and I stayed here last weekend. We were in a non-smoking section of the hotel and yet smoke could clearly
be smelled coming from one of the rooms which was supposed to be non-smoking also. There was a dog barking and the room that we stayed in smelled like dog. We were told
this was a pet free hotel. (No way that this was true) I complained to the front desk 3 times and nothing was done about the smoking or the dog barking. Upon check-out the Manager offered to change our room--REALLY??. I highly recommend staying at another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Hello nice/taste,

Thank you for leaving feedback about your visit at the Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area, NJ. I appreciate you choosing our hotel chain.

I feel concerned that your stay was not as comfortable as it should have been due to the room's condition and its upkeep. It is our goal to make your accommodations acceptable and I have sent you a private message to get more details of your reservation.

Despite the shortcomings, I hope that you will give us another chance to make it up to you!

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Anna B
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel over the past weekend with a large group taking over about 20 rooms. We knew what to expect from past reviews however we did not realize how bad it actually was until we got there. The hallways and rooms smell like mold they should definitely look into changing all the carpets. My boyfriend and I stayed on the 2nd floor Room 225 and on the 1st day noticed 1 ant on the little work desk. We didn't think much of it. The following day there was another ant. Then on our last night he had one crawling on his arm in bed. I pulled the pillow back and found another one. Then we started to worry. He pulled the bed comforter over and saw about 20 more ants in the bed. We wanted to throw up it was disgusting. We called front desk and told them and they sent someone up with new sheets expecting us to change it. We couldn't believe it. We went down to the lobby and had them change our room. The other guests we were with all said their rooms were not the cleanest either. Also one of the days the cleaning staff forgot to give us new towels. With regards to location the hotel it is about 20-45 minutes from New York depending on traffic. Staff was accommodating with helping us with all this, but management should look into having this hotel re-vamped, cleaned and exterminated for bugs.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cassandra G
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Hi Cassandra G,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm sorry to read that the cleanliness of our room and hallways did not live up to your expectations. Please allow me to follow up on your concerns and have the opportunity to regain your faith in us. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain additional information.

We value you as our guest and looking forward to your response.

Regards,

4.2 km away
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
#1 of 2 in Ridgefield Park

Been to Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area? Share your experiences!