“Manager is a liar”

Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fort Lee
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Well I stayed at this hotel early June. There was a power outage for about an hour (mind you no storm what so ever). However, what was really upsetting is the manager's response, "I am tired too." With no apologies. Guests got stuck in the elevator, we had to carry our luggage to our car down 3 flights of stairs w/ no offer of help. Also, the hotel had Friday night Karaoke Night which turned into what looked like a night club to the public. It was very loud, noisy, w/ people everywhere in the lobby area. After explaining to this same manager my unsatisfactions I was awarded points to my rewards card, which I thought a refund or credit to my card was more acceptable. The manager informed me after failing to return any calls or e-mails that he would reverse the points and refund me one nights stay. Three weeks later, I had nothing credited to my account, so I called the manager probably for the 5th time who proceeded t tell me "I was not his only customer!" He also told me he never promised me a refund,lying through his teeth. What he failed to realize is that he was audio recorded. RUDEST< MOST UNPROFESSIONAL "MANAGER" I HAVE EVER MET....

Room Tip: Expect terrible customer service from management
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Hello sarahchorney1,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your time in our hotel. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

The manager of the hotel was very rude, & giving atittude,maintenance was terrible. I didnt have any towels my bathroom didnt smell good. I asked for bed sheets because my nephew threw up they took about an hour to bring me sheets to the room. They stated we can use the pool before check in when we got there they didnt let us use it and i have many years going there and we always used the pool before checking in. I will never go there again.

Stayed: June 2017
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Hello scarlet0714,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave us your feedback. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that I am sorry to hear about the overall staff service you received that negatively affected your stay. This is not how we usually take care of our guests. I’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so I have sent you a private message. Also, this feedback will be shared with the appropriate people to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that I have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

I'm confused on the PRIVACY RULES here... why is someone entering my room without knocking & not even apologizing after KNOWING that someone was in the room... I'm very unsatisfied & the most that was said was, "I'll TRY to figure out who did it"

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2017

We stayed here to take my 87 year old mother to Colombia Hospital. Everyone we dealt with were Polite, caring and very helpful, went out of their way to accomadate us. would highly recommend staying here, rooms were clean. restraunt had good food too.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Duane H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

It was our Pleasure to serve you Catherine G.! We wish you well and thank you for choosing Holiday Inn.

Duane H

Reviewed 8 June 2017

This trip was with my husband ,my mother in-law, and myself. Went to visit family in NYC. Checking in was easy and fast. The room was clean and so was the bed. The shower curtain had a brown stain on it that I concluded was blood. we went out for the day and asked housekeeping to change it and leave us extra towels. Upon our return we found the same curtain hanging; The housekeeper left us a nice surprise. She left her nasty hair filled, black grime, toilet bowl cleaning brush on both mine & my mother in-laws toothpaste which was laying on the face basin/sink. We were really pissed at this because how does one clean a toilet and rest the brush on the face basin/sink ?! That is UNSANITARY !! I called the front desk and they came up in 20 minutes to see. The evening shift manager & the housekeeping manager came in to witness what had happened. They took a photo and replaced both our toothpastes. They also changed the shower curtain. On day 2 out of 4 the wifi password would not work...it was changed and we were not told. My husband was told the wifi is only for two days then, it changes ( we were not told at check-in).

Room Tip: Don't leave you toothbrush or paste on the side of the sink, it might have toilet juice on it !
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Hello wendyrZ8092MW,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I am happy that your check- in experience went smooth and that you found our rooms clean. However, I understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory due to the housekeeping services and internet service, but I am happy that they were able to attend to the issue with your toothpaste. Nevertheless, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience these may have caused you. Your feedback has been taken into account and will be shared with our staff. We are confident that necessary steps will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Best Regards,

Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
#1 of 2 in Ridgefield Park
3.7 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park

Been to Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area? Share your experiences!