“Go for some authentic Japanese soup & gyoza.........”
Review of Menya Sandaime

Menya Sandaime
Ranked #3 of 158 Restaurants in Fort Lee
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 6 February 2016

A tiny place with several tables & a sit at the bar. The kitchen is hopping!. A selection of ramen soups heads the list, with a few appetizers of which gyoza is the star. This is a place where everyone gets a big bowl of soup or you go hungry because the soup is WHY you come here. BYO.

Reviewed 15 January 2016

We found this ramen gem a few weeks ago. We have been back three times. The quality of the noodles, broth and topping is excellent. We usually order the tonkatsu and goyza. Portion size is generous. Service is friendly and efficient. Wait staff are all English speaking. If you arrive before noon on the weekend, the wait is only a few minutes.

Reviewed 30 December 2015

As a Japanese who has lived in the US for 10+ years, I always look for good ramen. Before our trip to NJ/NYC, my Japanese friend recommended this ramen restaurant. As soon as I walked into this place, my expectation got high - almost all staff were Japanese and the atmosphere was very Japanese. Ramen was so authentic and good. Light pork (tonkotsu) soup had a great bonito flavor. Gyoza (pot sticker) was so juicy. Honestly, it was the best and most authentic ramen so far in the U.S. for me.

Reviewed 29 December 2015

This is one place that you can actually relax and feel like you're home with your favorite ramen in your face - and I am not even Japanese. The atmosphere gives you the feel of simple living surrounded by people of great manners. You don't have to have a luxurious setting to enjoy the experience because the food makes up for it. My wife and I had the Miso Ramen and my son had their Black Ramen - both dishes stands toe-to-toe with the other ramen I've tasted from all over. The ramen was very flavorful and served very hot. Although I liked the ramen so much, I enjoyed their dumpling even more. Their Gyoja is the best I have ever tasted to date. The bottom part was crunchy yet very tender. Not only that it is the very tasty, it also smelled very good. This joint is definitely one place that I will visit frequently taking along family and friends.

The wait on a Monday afternoon was pretty long, but it is well worth the wait. Park on the street and bring enough quarters for the meter - I think 50 cents for an hour.

Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

You can see the machine when you walk in that the ramen noodles are made. The service is fantastic. Each soup has its own distinctive flavor and is delicious. You must also order the gyoza