“decent”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
Baldwinsville, New York
“decent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

went down with my son for a rescue squad reunion. decided to take the jeep with the top off, pack my 8 year old and go down to NJ/NYC. attended reunion picnic. stayed here Saturday instead of NYC as we where going to a Yankee game Sunday. everything was pleasant except the pool.

pool was pretty bad, crap floating around.. band-aids stuff like that.

since I do allot if business travel, my son wanted to "feel the experiance"..lol we went to eat in hotel restaurant because "thats what dad does when he's on the road". after looking over menu.. he wasn't to crazy about the food as, understandably it didn't appeal to a 8 year old. walked across street to hooligans for dinner.

room was nice, a excellent value for the tristate area.

would stay again, just probably wouldn't go swimming.,..lol

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Dunstable, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

We stayed here for one night. I must admit I am rather surpirsed with some of the reviews. Our room was very clean with a VERY comfortable bed. We asked for a quiet room and got one. I do think the bathroom edged on tiny. Hubby and I decided that we couldn't be in the bathroom at the same time which wasn't a problem.
The free Wi-Fi worked perfectly. The breakfast buffet was very nice and we enjoyed the fruit, yoghurt, scrambled eggs, bacon and the lovely crisp waffles. For us, it was a great location with a good night's sleep.
I would defintely return to this hotel if I have to be in this area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Woodstock, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

We were to stay at thsi property in May 2011 for a wedding when our car broke down prior to arrival. I called the hotel and despite it being after 6pm I was told by the Desk Agent tat the reservation would be canceleed without any charges. Well they charged me for the room and it is now November and despite leaving several messages and calling IHG corporate to file a dispute the hotel still has not contacted me nor have they issued a refund. I would definitely think twice about staying here again as I am sure there are hotels with much better service in the area.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Ravi P
IHGCare, ihgcare at Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield, responded to this review, 13 November 2011
Dear Ravs27,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. I would appreciate some more information in order that I can investigate further. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
Radcliff KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

We checked in today a little reluctant based on some of the comments here. The check-in was very good, not the best in the business but good enough.
The room was well kept and very nice.
Lunch was very good. Tasty. Prompt. And waitress very professional.
Dinner was over the top super! Had old two friends meet us and told the waitress (Janet) we would be dining slowly. She made us at home, and timed her actionson our desires. The cocktails were excellent. The meals were over the top great! Prime rib, pork tenderloin, lobster risotto, and mahi-mahi, all we're super.

This is a great start to a three day stay. I am glad we came here.
And the wi-fi has been restored by the cable company after it being out from the snow and ice storm.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

I've stayed at this particular hotel two times in the past year. Each visit involved a Friday-Monday stay. Both times I stayed in a Suite with a King Bed and Parlor (Mini-Fridge, Microwave, Sink). The room was a decent size, at the end of the hallway, and featured two 32-inch flat screen televisions. One in the living room and one in the bedroom. Although there's no door separating the living room from the bedroom, the bedroom is off on its own. It features a desk where you can set up shop (Laptops, etc.).

First things first, this is a great hotel if you're in the area for business. The staff is very accommodating and the hotel has free wi-fi internet access. On my first visit I called the front desk, the morning of my check out, asking to stay one additional day. The staff was happy to accommodate my request and I was able to keep my existing room.

On my second visit, I arrived very early in the morning. I had taken a red eye flight from LA and hadn't slept all night. I approached the front desk at 8 a.m. asking if my room was available (Check-in is usually at 3 p.m.). They were able to get me into a room immediately. It was a pleasant surprise.

While I really like this hotel, there are a few things that I should point out. During the week this place is really quite. For example, Sunday night the place was like a ghost town. I could hear crickets when I walked outside and there were less than 10 cars total parked in the huge parking lot.

On the weekends, the hotel hosts weddings and wedding parties. Friday and Saturday nights are generally pretty loud. People coming and going, people talking loudly in the hallways. On my first visit the guests in the suit across from me had a party. In both instances, I was already up working, and wasn't bothered by the noise. Had I been trying to get some sleep, it would have been a problem. Noise on the weekends seems to die off after 2 a.m.

Aside from the occasional noisy neighbors on the weekends, the place is well kept, the furnishings were nice, and they have great room service. The staff is nice, and there's ample parking outside. They deliver USA Today to your door on weekdays, and they have a restaurant near the lobby.

The hotel is located right off of Route 46 in Fairfield. It's very close to I-80. Drive a few miles East on 46 and you'll pass a mall. Drive a bit further and you'll find a decent selection of fast food restaurants, an IHOP, and more. The hotel has a shuttle, although I've never used it. In decent traffic, it took me about 45 minutes - 1 Hour to get into Manhattan.

I'll definitely return to this hotel again in the future. It's in a great spot, not too far away from it all. Aside from the occasional noise on weekends, the place didn't disappoint.

Room Tip: While the corner suites are nice, be prepared to walk to the end of a long hallway to get there.