“Delicious incredibly prepared food ”
Review of Taverna Mykonos

Taverna Mykonos
Reserve with OpenTable
Taverna Mykonos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Elmwood Park
Price range: USD 20 - USD 30
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lyncrest Street
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Went here with my family. Ordered whole red snapper, lamb chops, chicken souvlaki, two kinds of salad, special rice along with hummus and Greek fries.
The lamb chops were excellent. Top draw. The hummus needed a bit of seasoning as it was very bland. The snapper was delicious but was served without the Greek lemon potatoes that was supposed to accompany it. We had to ask for them. The chicken souvlaki was standard. The one thing this restaurant needs to work on is smiling. Not overly friendly service. When you spend lots of money, happy staff goes a long way.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

We had a 6:00 reservation and arrived at 5:45, but we were seated at a very tiny table. We asked for a bigger table but were told they were only for larger parties. Our table was so tiny you could only order 1 appetizer because along with the bread, you could not fit 2. In addition our server really rushed us. The food is absolutely delicious but I would never go back on a Saturday night!

1  Thank Sue Y
Reviewed 24 April 2017

wow ! what a great surprise. The food and service were amazing. I ate so much that had to skip dinner. Will def. go back.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were in Paramus and didn't have reservations anywhere, when we remembered this gem of a restaurant in Fairfield.

The grilled octopus is, perhaps, the best I've ever had - highly recommended. The bread is fantastic. We also had the chopped salad and chicken souvlaki (on prior visits we've had the filet and sea bass [I believe].

The dessert we had was incredible - I don't remember the name but it began with the letter "E". It was custard with honey on a base that, for won't of a better description, of wheat Chex (it may not sound good, but you must have this).

Had I written this review two weeks ago, they would have gotten 5 stars. On our last visit, we each only ate 1/2 of our main course as we wanted to enjoy our dessert. It wasn't until we got home that we realized they failed to provide us with our doggy bags. Previously, they took our food to wrap up and returned it when they dropped off the check. They received a one star demerit.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

We love greek cuisine and visited Greece twice in a last 10 years.
We enjoyed many good greek restaurants in NYC and NJ
Taverna pleasantly surprised us with nice ambience, very good quality food and food presentation
Excellent selection of good Greek, European wines as well.
On a negative side poorly trained, very inexperienced server was a poor match with this overall great place
Alex