Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
Flora Motel(Elizabeth)
1,486 results
All reviewsfront deskthe shuttle driverroom was cleanbreakfast staffthe breakfast areafree shuttlefree breakfastevery half houran early flightrental caroatmealparking lotnew jerseyinto nycan overnight staycoffee makerone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My daughter was about to leave for a semester overseas, and she was flying out of Newark Airport. The Hampton Inn had a shuttle to the airport, an available breakfast, and Wifi, which was really all we required. I booked the room on Cheaprooms.com. We have stayed at Hampton Inns occasionally in the past and were always pleased with the room. This room was no different. It was clean, comfortable, and pleasant. The walls were a bit thin, but we were on the first floor (I guess I'd recommend a higher floor). It really did NOT affect our sleep in any way. The shuttle was VERY convenient (departs every 30 minutes around the clock). Pick up from the airport is a bit confusing (there is a train you take to get picked up no matter what motel you are staying at), but again, available every 30 minutes.
Breakfast was outstanding! Plenty of food and plenty of variety. Two attentive ladies made sure the area was clean and that food was refilled as it was emptied. Plenty of room to sit and eat, and reasonably quiet...so many eating areas have one or more blaring TV's...I actually enjoyed eating breakfast there.
I don't know if we will have need to use the Newark airport in the future, but if we do, I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We chose this hotel to stay at for a one night pre-cruise stay. We travelled with my Mother and Father - in -law, my Mother and Stepfather and my husband, 20 month old daughter and myself. We reserved 3 seperate rooms and they were very helpful in trying to accomodate us and get our rooms as close together as possible. When we arrived there was no crib in our room but a quick call to the front desk had that slight problem remedied in 10 minutes when one arrived in our room. The room was very nice, well appointed and had everything you would need for a comfortable stay including a microwave and a bar fridge. The bathroom looked recently updated and finished off the room very nicely. The next morning we woke up and headed to the Breakfast room and were very surprised at the selection that was available. We were expecting some mediocre pastry and possibly some cereal and were pleased to find scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles (that you pour and make yourself), pastry, toasting station (including bagels) and anything else you might want in a continental breakfast. The seating area was nice, but a bit crowded. Overall, we would definitely recommend this hotel for any type of trip, business or pleasure, long or short stay, family trip or alone.
Thanks for the wonderful stay Hampton Inn!!!

Room Tip: All three rooms that our party had were facing the Renaissance hotel and we had no problems at all - couldn't hear a thing!! I wouldn't think there were any bad rooms in the hotel although being closer to the breakfast would be nice (we were on the 4th floor) :)
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cruisefiend
Reviewed 10 December 2011

This is a stock Hampton Inn, very comfortable and very convenient to the Newark airport. They have a shuttle that seems to operate 24/7. I would recommend that you time your shuttle trip carefully. It leaves the hotel on the hour and half-hour. The trip to the airport is about 15 minutes. I stayed here, then went into Manhattan, taking the shuttle to the airport, then riding the Airtrain, then the train into New York's Penn Station. That whole trip takes about an hour in each direction.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank abqactor
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Having only paid £55.00 for an overnight stay I can not complain, the location is over the road from the airport, the free shuttle is great however somewhat confusing on finding where to catch the shuttle, you need to catch the monorail system and go to one of the car parks, unfortunately I can not remember which one, so before you go give them a call and they will tell you.

The renaissance hotel next door is a nice place to go for a meal after a long flight.

The breakfast included in the room rate was more than sufficient, the only draw back was when I asked for a taxi to take us to Bayone Cruise Port for our ship, they use a car service and obviously front office staff take a cut because the driver wanted to charge me $80.00 for a $30 taxi fare, the journey s less than 12 minutes.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 30 November 2011

This Hampton Inn is not the worst I have stayed in over the last decade of business and pleasure travel. It is probably in the bottom five out of twenty I can remember.

First of all, this hotel is very, very close to the airport, yet the shuttle goes only twice an hour and they don't send them to pick you up when you call.

When I wanted to return, I waited outside the hotel this morning for fifteen minutes beyond the bottom of the hour when the shuttle was supposed to leave. A Town Car driver had stopped by to get free coffee and was talking to me while I waited. I finally got a ride to the airport from him as the hotel was in NO HURRY to do the shuttle on the bottom of the hour.

The room was pretty dirty as rooms go. One of the bars of soap(wrapped in paper still) had some sort filth on the bottom. The gym is OK, but nothing special. The location is horrible for anything other than sleeping on a short layover and going back to the airport.

Also had an interesting experience with the broke coffee maker. That also got me to notice the lack of attention to detail by housekeeping further as there was no regular coffee in the room either. Four packets of decaf though.

Again, not the worst Hampton Inn, but nowhere near something I'd be excited about returning to. The Sheraton Newark Airport is so absolutely disgusting that I have to try the Hampton, Hilton or anywhere else when passing through.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel I guess.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business