“Pretty Nice place to stay for a couple of days”

Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Elizabeth
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Good:

Rooms have decent space.
Love their convenient Laundry and microwave oven.
Very warm staff. Meet with a lady called Carmen (I think). Very genial person that is hard to find in other hotel receptions.

Bad:
Rooms have a strange odor, but the window can be open by yourself, so it's not a big issue.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Elizabeth - Newark Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.
It would, of course, be our pleasure to see you as our guest again in the future. Should you experience any issues with odors on your next visit, please be sure to bring it to our attention so that we can rectify the issue during your stay. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Just wanted to take a moment to say thanks for having such great and caring person working in this hotel such as Carmen. She doesn't only greets you with a smile, but she goes above and behond to help you and take care of you. Feel very bless to know I can come here and know Carmen will take great care of me and my family. Thanks Carmen!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

Room Tip: Try to book before hand and double check on your reservation before arrival. It always helps to ensu...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Erika,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Elizabeth - Newark Airport, and in particular, about the service provided by Carmen. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. I will be sure to let Carmen know what an impact she has had.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed for a lengthy duration at the Extended Stay in Elizabeth. While there I received great service from the staff. The most notable staff member is Carmen. She always had a smile on her face. She was very attentive to the guest at the front counter and made them feel at home.

All in all stay was very good and a great value.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

T J,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Elizabeth - Newark Airport. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

A very good hotel to stay. I have been her for the last 4 months, and have found the staff to be very affable and prompt. They are always courteous, smiling and helpful.. which i really love about the place. Carmen L at the front desk is always a jolly good help. Thanks to her for all the help I have gotten.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Elizabeth - Newark Airport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest the next time your travel needs bring you to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

They never makeup the room while i stayed, Charged 14.86 per minute to call Canada, 1.50 to call within U.S. WIFI and phone for front desk never work. (I went down front desk to pick up towels and shampii during i stayed in this hotel. Old towels and garbages were filed up due to no cleaning service.)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank biz155019
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Elizabeth - Newark Airport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I do regret that our housekeeping schedule was not made clearer to you when you made your reservation, since that might have prevented your being inconvenienced. As is true with all Extended Stay Hotels(sm), our hotel provides one full housekeeping service after every seven days stayed. In addition, for guests who require more than our standard service, we offer extra daily services for an additional nominal fee. Operating this way allows us to continue offering our suites at outstanding rates, and still provide our guests with the exact number of housekeeping services they prefer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
0.1 km away
2.7 km away
Hampton Inn Newark-Airport
4.5 km away
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Elizabeth - Newark Airport? Share your experiences!