“Nothing a little C4 can't fix...”
Review of Global Inn

Global Inn
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Well, it's cheap. If price is your top concern, and you don't mind cat pee, dirty/moldy bathrooms, lots of broken stuff, and lax security, this is the place for you. When I locked myself out, clerk gave me a duplicate key, no questions asked (didn't ask for my name, ID, nothing, just room number). Security latch on the door broken as well. Mattress may have been grabbed off a sofabed. Staff barely speaks English so good luck explaining any problems. They do get a star for sending someone right away to fix our messed-up TV, and for having good pillows and a fridge/micro. Your basic cheap crappy motel. Stay at your own risk.

• Stayed: September 2011
daysinnedisonnj, Webmaster at Global Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Edison for your recent stay in our area.

• Desk staff was approached about properly making sure of the identity of the person asking for a duplicate key before handing one out.

• Management was approached about setting up a system whereby the staff or our valued guest can ask for another staff person to help when there is a language barrier problem.

• Staff received our commendation in the courteous, helpful way in which they acted in helping to straighten out the problem you experienced with the TV in the room assigned to you.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn Edison. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

Me and my girlfriend booked this place thru hotels.com do to hurricane Irene. So we where desperate for some rest and wasn't thinking clearly.... We got to the hotel only to find out that there was no tv or wifi... The hotel employee spoke no English and had no clue what I was asking him. We decided to stay for one night only to be eaten alive by bedbugs in the first hour of sleeping in the bed....I have video footage and pictures to prove it if anyone needs proof email me at Gsiraent@aol.com

• Stayed: August 2011
daysinnedisonnj, Webmaster at Global Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2011

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Edison for your recent stay in our area.

• Management was approached about the possibility of adding TV and wifi to the rooms.

• Staff members received instruction in finding someone to help when there is a language problem between them and our valued guests.

• Maintenance was informed of the report of bedbugs in the room assigned to your use and instructed to see to their elimination.

Reviewed 7 August 2011

Our stay in Days Inn Edison, NJ was unpleasant due to the dirty conditions of the bed and bathrooms. The staff were pleasant people.

We requested and received a 2nd room-which was as dirty as the 1st. We were stuck! We purchased our room on line at a reasonable price requiring a guarantee with NO changes. We had to stay. No rooms were available in the area.

The linens were clean, beds neatly made but had small holes in the sheets. I sponge bathed rather than step into the shower...when you find hair in a room you have just entered---and dust, dirt and more hair, on closer inspection---a very dirty room! The stay was tainted...We will not stay there again and we will be back in the area!

Room Tip: request to see the room and always look in the shower
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
daysinnedisonnj, Webmaster at Global Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Edison for your recent stay in our area.

• The staff was informed that you found them to be pleasant people. They received our commendation on the courteous way in which they treated you our valued guests.

• Housekeeping received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

I hope that you will reconsider your decision not to stay at Days Inn Edison again. We take our guest reviews very seriously and I think you would be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 3 June 2011

It was very difficult to make a reservation with this hotel over the phone. The receptionist spoke very broken English with a very heavy accent. My husband had to repeat our credit card number 5 times before the person understood what we were saying to them. After 20 minutes of being on the phone, finally we had a reservation.

Once we arrived at the hotel, actual check in was difficult as well. The receptionist again could hardly understand what we were saying; likewise it was almost impossible for us to understand what they were saying.

The first room they put us in was ATROCIOUS! We wanted to go ask for a refund and leave but because of the language barrier we were pretty sure nothing would happen. So I contacted the Days Inn national customer service line and explained the situation to the woman on the phone- saying that there was no way I was going to allow my child to crawl around on these floors. She asked me to stay on the line while she contacted the front desk. When she got back with me she said that the person she spoke to could understand English just fine-you just had to speak slowly (turns out the person she spoke with definitely was not the same people we had been dealing with, of course). She said that the front desk person said that we could check out and she would make a note on our reservation what happened and then her manager would have to check over it the FOLLOWING day and decide if we could get a refund. We were leaving NJ the following day. So we had three choices: see if another room would work, leave and pay for another room someplace else and get a refund from this Days Inn, or leave and get another room someplace else and not get a refund from Days Inn- thus paying for two rooms. So we decided to see if another room would work and it did....barely.

We didn't want to risk not getting a refund as we are a one income family. So we kept the bathroom door closed, slept almost fully clothes and got the hell out of there as soon as possible.

Are you kidding me? How could anyone think this room was fit for a family to stay in? How could anyone think that these conditions were NOT worthy of a refund? PLEASE see the pictures I've attached and PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
daysinnedisonnj, Webmaster at Global Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2011

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Edison for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) The registration staff was instructed that when there seems to be a problem with a language barrier, it is perfectly fine to ask for help from another staff person for whom this is not a problem.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

Reviewed 8 March 2011

This is about the customer service and not the hotel it's self:

I booked a room for two nights for this past weekend confirmation then a week ago I cancelled the reservation. On Thursday 3/3 I called to confirm that the room was indeed cancelled (I did not receive an email confirmation) and got the cancellation number.

On Monday 3/7 my card was charged for the two night stay as a “no show”, I called the hotel and spoke to a woman name Neela (she was very hard to understand) and she argued with me that she was charging me as a “no show” even though I had the cancellation number. She finally agreed to look into it and reversed one night because she still claimed I was a “no show”. I had to call back this morning and argue with her again to make sure she refunded the additional $89.77.

I stay at Days Inn a lot and have friends who do it too but if this is how we are going to be treated I’m not sure we will be staying at the Wyndham hotels chains in the future.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank miamstem
daysinnedisonnj, Webmaster at Global Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2011

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that things did not work out for you to be able to stay at Days Inn Edison recently.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) We are looking into the matter of your having been charged for a room as a “no show” even though you had a cancellation number.

2) Neela received additional training in the proper registration of our valued guests.

I hope that when you do visit our area, you will choose to stay at Days Inn Edison. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
3.9 km away
#3 of 15 in Edison
3.3 km away
Hilton East Brunswick Hotel & Executive Meeting Center

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Edison

Been to Global Inn? Share your experiences!