“Number one delicatessen in area.”

Harold's New York Deli Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 325 Restaurants in Edison
Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 17 May 2015 via mobile

If your hungry come here. Order anything on the menu and you will be pleased. Fabulous pickle bar. Very nice staff; always trying to cater to you. Strong postive reference.

Reviewed 16 May 2015

We went there on a weeknight, a party of six, a nice size crowd, no waiting for table. Start with the pickle bar, nice selection of pickles and some bread (rye, apple muffin-dry, and something else I cannot remember). We ordered pastrami which was very good, a regular order feeds 3 people. The pastrami was very delicious and it came with coleslaw. We had the kasha knish which was very large also almost the size of a DVD case, enough for the whole table. Onion ring was crispy but not too oily. My wife does not eat deli meat so she settled for a breakfast entree two eggs with potatoes and sausages. When it came it was more like 4-5 scrambled eggs. We saved room for dessert, and got the smallest cheesecake with strawberry topping. You get a really good cheesecake unlike The C***e factory where you get overly sweet cheesecakes. The tab was about 100 bucks. No left over.

Reviewed 11 May 2015

After years of cooking, I wanted to go out for a simple, yet delicious, meal on Mother's Day. I got my wish because all 6 of us enjoyed Harold's. The complimentary pickle bar offered different kinds of pickles and breads. We started out with the Matzo Ball soup then ordered half pastrami, half turkey on a knish smothered with Swiss cheese, with a side of onion rings. Most of us ate 2 plates of all the food and had plenty of left-overs. Make sure you go hungry because Harold is not chintzy with his food. In addition, he serves top quality meat with an abundance of flavor. I'm not one who enjoys eating pastrami loaded with fat. I prefer a leaner pastrami which is what you will find at Harold's. My husband's egg cream was amazing. We had no room for dessert, but the cakes are colossal and seem delightful.

Reviewed 9 May 2015

Three of entered this large deli with ample parking. At first glance I thought $26 was a lot for a sandwich. But, with what seemed like two pounds of meet, it is a great value. There is a pickle bar with extra bread and the menu encourages you to share at no extra cost. Fortunately we all like pastrami. The three of us had all we could eat and took home enough for another sandwich! Either come here with people who like the same things you do or take home a doggie bag for several additional meals. The food was great.

1  Thank Larry62NewJersey
Reviewed 8 May 2015

I came here for lunch and the pickle bar is all you can eat. The sandwiches are triple the size of a regular sandwich so bring some friends to share.I had the tongue and pastrami and both were very good!!

1  Thank John P