All reviews executive floor rooms are large elite member nice hotel bed was comfortable business trip hotel restaurant an upgrade free weights after midnight comfortable stay lobby spire seminar convenience
Reviewed 22 May 2017

This is a large hotel with a homey atmosphere, unlike some other Crowne Plaza hotels. Sizeable room with comfortable furnishings. A/C provided even temperature control. Convenience of having a good restaurant on site was a plus.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

United Airlines stood me up and canceled my flight to Burlington Vermont. So they agreed to book me into a hotel. Had I known the hotel was 45 minutes away from Newark airport, I would have refused. I did have other options after all. I assume they would send me someplace close by. Now the Crowne Plaza Edison is a nice hotel. I had a nice king size room. The hotel staff was friendly courteous and gave me a toothbrush toothpaste deodorant and other supplies that were in my checked luggage. However, the toilet in the bathroom screams like a banshee whenever it was flushed. Worse, the shuttles to Newark airport don't start until 6 AM and I have a 6 AM flight out. It isn't the fault of the Crowne Plaza but rather United Airline that I'm going to have to pay at least $60 for a taxi back to Newark to catch my flight. It looks like there's a nice restaurant here but I won't have time to sample it as it is already after midnight and I have to get up at 340 to catch my flight.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 5 May 2017

We really appreciated this opportunity to serve you and happy to know that our best efforts got 5-Star comments from you for our team at the Crowne Plaza Edison. Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. Have a great day!!

Dennis

Reviewed 17 April 2017

I have stayed here with my wife and daughter for a day and night. Rooms were quite comfortable with all basic facilities. The atmosphere is very pleasant and the high way is near by to take a sojourn while on a long journey.They have provided a very decent breakfast.
Good and accessible to malls like menlopark, woodbridge etc.

Room Tip: If you are in a long journey and the gps goes through this route then this hotel is a perfect choice to take a break with all comfort.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 24 April 2017

Reviewed 3 April 2017

This hotel has simple accommodations, nothing fancy. We requested a fridge & microwave at the time of reservations, were guaranteed these items, but when we got there were told a microwave was unavailable. I complained to the front desk, but was told they already gave them all out. So, I called IHG Rewards and they spoke with the manager. 20 minutes later we had a microwave. So, if you are a rewards member, be sure to use their toll-free number for any help - they are there to do so!
We had a double Queen room. It was very spacious, but the bathroom door knob had a tendency to stick or not work. This was a bit annoying when inside it. The hotel was pretty full, but we heard little noise. Oh, we never did find the ice machine.
Parking is free, but can get crowded, so you'll have to park around the sides of the hotel. The hotel is part of an business complex. Conveniently located off Route 287, the GSP or NJ Transit.
There are a few fast food places nearby and Route 27 has plenty more to choose from. The hotel has Ruth Christie's - very pricey, but the appy's are good and can be split amongst your table.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Regina D
Management response:Responded 7 April 2017

Please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations and standards at the hotel. Your comments are most valuable and are shared with the appropriate team member at the hotel. We want to assure you that we have taken all possible measures to avoid re-occurrence of the similar situations and really thank you for your review and are extremely sorry again for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

We stayed here for a few days as we were checking out the area.

Great check in service by Mrs. Jasmine Stone. Once of the best in years.

Again, a nice room upgrade due to IHG status.
No club lounge access, although they are enticing you to go to the on-site restaurant via some incentives.

We had a few beverages and some bar appetizers. Their chicken wings were very tasty.

The room was equipped with the standard amenities, very comfortable bed, microwave, fridge, Keurig coffee maker.

Great Wi-Fi. Fast, easy consistent connectivity with no drop issues.

The gym is ok. Free weights up to 50lbs, 1 bench, the usual treadmill and elliptical machines. There are some additional stretch bands etc. around. So a little bit less under intermediate.

The breakfast buffet was included and it was all right/as expected.

So in short, good location, good service, good gym

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 3 April 2017

We really appreciated this opportunity to serve you and happy to know that our best efforts got 4-Star comments from you for our team at the Crowne Plaza Edison. Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. Have a great day!!

operations manager