“Excellent Turkish restaurant to sit outside, especially if you like hookah”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Beyoglu Cafe & Lounge
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Excellent Turkish restaurant with a very nice outside sitting area.
I'd recommend to go there when you can actually sit outside - late Spring, Summer, early Fall.... especially if you enjoy hookah.
Beside nice outside sitting area and hookah, they have excellent Turkish food, including liver, all sorts of kebabs, Turkish tea.... and excellent choice of deserts.
They have a decent size parking lot.. sometime it still gets full... but there is no problem to find parking spot around.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

If you enjoy a hot humid place with no air conditioning, haired salads, and are less stuff, go to this location, as previously someone said - stick with Cliffside Park place....

2  Thank FisherManGreg
Reviewed 11 August 2016

I love Turkish food. It offers my all favorite veggie appetizers, meat and even fish ( we ordered a branzino, whole baked fish, was excellent). I give it a 4, because they don't serve chicken adana, which is my most favorite things to eat at a Turkish place. It is a BYOB, so take care of it in advance. My friend had her baby shower there - very reasonable food pricing and nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 28 March 2016

We tried this place for tea and borek previously and had a good experience. The atmosphere is elegant and there is large panoramic windows with a partial view of the New York making it a great place to meet up with friends. Based on this, we decided to try this place again for more substantial fare. Unfortunately, this time we did not really enjoy the food. The bread, borek and eggplant puree dishes were good, but the fried calf liver and sujuk omelet were too oily. After eating the first few pieces of calf liver my stomach felt queasy from that point on which spoiled my appetite as I continued to eat. Other Turkish restaurants we have tried were more successful with marinating the meat in a manner that removed that liver after taste. The queasiness and gassy feeling did not subside until several hours later and I was also thirsty all afternoon. My wife did not have the same stomach issues but she did not enjoy the food either. In addition to this disappointment, the service was spotty. My sons entree was delivered after we were finished eating. The waitstaff definitely had the appearance of being unenthusiastic and apathetic.

Going forward we will stick to the Beyoglu location in Cliffside for a much better quality experience.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

Food was mediocore, nice ambiance and nice to be when whether is warm. Has nice outdoor patio. Was when they first opened, so perhaps has worked out their kinks by now