All reviews nj turnpike front desk pancake maker new brunswick room was clean cinnamon rolls bus station hard boiled eggs nice pool microwave and fridge yogurt free breakfast road noise comfortable stay fitness center business center rutgers university
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Had an amazing stay. Would love to stay here again on my next trip. The room was very clean (except when there was a bug that popped out of nowhere), but the location sometimes couldn't be found by some Uber drivers.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank angelaiizyku
NY_BobbyS, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear Angelaiizyku: Thank you for your great 5-star review of our hotel. Glad you had an amazing stay - and look forward to welcoming you back when in the New Brunswick, NJ area.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We have stayed at this property the last 5 New Year's Eves and about 9-10 times over the years. As I said in my other reviews, it had become our go to hotel when in the area. Well, it NO LONGER IS! We stayed last night and from the get go it was an awful experience!

It started when we called and asked if we could get early check-in (which we always have!) because a 3:00 check in time would not allow us to be where we needed to be and our primary reason for the visit. I was told by a very snippy clerk that the hotel manager has decided to impose a $30 fee for early check-in. So we rearranged our plans to give us a short window to get into the hotel. Took a while to check in due to busy night and complimentary coffee while we waited was old and cold. Room was not up to usual standards: had a smell and there was a little mold in the shower. We didn't have time to request a change so we just dealt with it, got ready and left for the evening.

We were disappointed to return and not see our usual attendant at the front desk, a gentleman who made sure everyone's stay was perfect! The night attendant was nice enough, but there was an alarm going off in the parking lot at 2:00am and since she was alone, she couldn't react to it. Not sure if she found the owner after we went up to our room.

Breakfast was very crowded and there was no hot food available. Eggs & bacon were empty, turkey sausage ice cold, hard boiled eggs soggy in grimy water and the pancake machine "needed a belt." When asked by another guest if there would be additional food, she quipped that she continually refills until the end of breakfast time. 40 minutes later, ice cold cheese omelettes & undercooked bacon slivers came out. She couldn't answer allergy related questions on the baked goods and the fruit was bruised bananas and apples. We wound up eating a yogurt, then going out to an early lunch in the area due to insufficient food that was supposed to be included in our room fee. There fore, our room cost for the night became well above some of the more upscale properties around the area.

We do not blame the staff of the hotel. Management was responsible for assuring there was enough staff all around to keep up with the demand of a holiday and the food was not up to the standards we've always seen at Holiday Inn Express properties.

When we left, we decided it was our last visit and will look for alternative hotels for future years.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Debbie C
NY_BobbyS, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Debbie C:

Thank you for being a loyal guest at our hotel and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, and as you have experienced previously, that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

My wife and I needed an overnight stop over on the way to visit family for the holidays. I am a fan of Holiday Inn Expresses, so I selected this one when looking for hotel in the area we were planning on stopping. Although it was snowy and cold outside, the hotel was very warm and welcoming. The front desk staff was very welcoming and had us quickly checked in. The room was very spacious and included a microwave, mini-fridge among the usual amenities. The only downside it that we arrived late and had planned to run through a drive through near the hotel. There are no nearby, quick restaurants, but the hotel has a relationship with Order Inn. They are a room service provider and menus are in the room. We ordered our dinner from here and the food was very good. It arrived in under an hour, even with the inclement weather outside.

Room Tip: The 4th floor seems to be designated a "quiet" floor by a sign posted. I checked and did not see this sign on other floors.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
NY_BobbyS, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Dear Rodney: Thank you so much for your 5-star review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and especially our room service concept w/Order Inn. We hope you will visit us again, when in the New Brunswick, NJ area.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Our favorite place to stay overnight traveling between Maine and Virginia/North Carolina. Clean rooms, comfortable, with plenty of outlets for electronics. And a good (free) breakfast in the morning. A good value!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear John: Thank you so much for your 4-star review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel and especially our breakfast. We hope you will visit us again, when in the New Brunswick, NJ area.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

This is definitely he best place I have stayed in a while. I would definitely recommend you all to everyone I know and even to people I don’t. I will be returning many more times for business and pleasure with my family and friends. Thank you all.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Dennymera1: Thank you so very much for your incredible 5-star review of our hotel and team. We look forward to having you stay with us again and continuing to exceed your expectations.