“!st Time I've EVER Eaten Lamb!”
Review of Koy Turkish Grill

Koy Turkish Grill
Ranked #19 of 118 Restaurants in East Brunswick
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2015

Very good food! Never had lamb before, but found it to be excellent! Thinly sliced & crisp. The chicken dishes were also very good. Hummus did not really live up to expectations though. Service was good.

Reviewed 5 October 2015

Selecting Koy Turkish Grill based on Trip Advisor reviews, we were satisfied enough to be sure we'll return. Having enjoyed Hunkar Begendi, a dish with eggplant puree topped with lamb or veal stew for the first time in Istanbul, I wanted to try it again. Koy's version was quite good but added grilled lamb chunks rather than lamb stew atop the eggplant. The serving was substantial and satisfying. The red lentil soup was reminiscent of that one finds in almost every restaurant in Turkey, and delightful on a chilly evening. We ordered a small shepherd salad, which was large enough for four. My wife had the Adana kebab and was happy with her choice. Even friends who had never eaten Turkish food found things to like. The one negative was with service that brought out our entrees before we were ready for them. It was not that they were trying to get us in and out quickly because we sat for quite awhile after dessert.

1  Thank gilamon
Reviewed 29 September 2015

Usually the food is good and the owners are more conscientious of people's allergies but tonight the service was horrendous and the waitresses including the owners daughter was absolutely without regard to our needs. We had to ask to change our plates, we had to ask for bigger plates for our appetizers, we had to ask for more bread or water refills. The worst part was my daughter has a gluten allergy and I specifically asked if she can eat the white rice (if there's any wheat or pasta in the rice). She assured me that it's just white rice and she could eat it. When her chicken kabob came, there were some brown pieces in the rice that ended up being ORZO! A pasta! I asked her to double check with the kitchen and she just never returned! I took her plate to the owners daughter and she acted like she was doing me a favor by changing her dinner to a plain chicken kabob and a salad, (because apparently she couldn't eat any sides at the restaurant). Then she h a d the nerve to charge us for her meal. Most restaurants, if its their mistake, they eat the cost. My daughter ended up with stomach cramps after her dinner with the minimal contact that she had. I know I'm not coming back to this restaurant and I'm telling my friends not to go here either.!

Reviewed 27 September 2015

The food and service are very good. Mediterranean cuisine is not my first choice when dining out however, me and my husband have gone there several times. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and the Turkish coffee is really good.

1  Thank Jo Ann R
Reviewed 9 September 2015

family dinner while in NJ, nice looking restaurant, good food, not 100% Turkish though. missing many of authentic Turkish dishes.
but over all I was OK with it and the quality of food and service was OK too.

2  Thank BobH1970