Courtyard Deptford
Fairfield Inn Deptford(Deptford)
Residence Inn Deptford(Deptford)
USD 164
Hotels.com
All reviewsbistro barhot waterspacious roomallyusbhighwaytargetdraindeskpropertylobbyfridgegym
Reviewed 20 November 2017

This is brand new hotel that opened during the summer. The good was everything was new, modern and clean. They are still working thru some learning and staffing but overall, for one night stay to watch college Temple football game, it was worth it. It was half the price that staying in Philly.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Iona O, General Manager at Courtyard Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

I do apologize for your stay with us and hope you will give us another chance to change your opinion on our hotel. Thank you again for your patronage.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

First, the good:
This is a brand new, pleasantly modern property, with comfortable furnishings throughout, and thoughtfully planned amenities. The guest rooms are large, very clean, and well appointed. The fitness center is also clean and well cared for.

And now, the bad:
Our customer service experience began with questionable preparedness of a new but eager to help front desk staffer. It it completely fell through the floor when my elderly father and I went for a bite to eat in The Bistro, the property's on-site restaurant.

The Bistro is incorporated into the hotel lobby, featuring a small bar, a "flexible space" (for eating, drinking, or working); there are banquets on the margins of the space, a few high-tops, a few low tables scattered around the room. There's no clear way to order food, and no actual waitstaff to take orders from seated patrons who aren't in the bar area.

We stepped to the counter and ordered a plate of chicken wings, a flatbread, and a couple of beers. The person who took our order walked away prior to completing the transaction, palming us off on a colleague who had no idea about what we actually ordered. We were finally handed our beers, and took a seat at a low table to wait for our food.

Roughly 25 minutes later, the chicken wings came our, tasty, but room temperature; the (unexpected) fries were mysteriously hot. Over ten minutes later, after my prompting, we got a flatbread, but not the one we ordered.

Another curiosity of our dining experience was an inquiry from the fellow who initially took our order, asking why we'd failed to sign a credit card slip (we did, but his colleague apparently misplaced the signed copy).

Noting our frustration, we were offered a round of beers on the house, and then complimentary breakfast, both of which we politely declined.

I really enjoy traveling, and I've traveled enough to know that there's a learning curve with opening a new property. I'd even go so far to say that I'd stay in this hotel again. But I cannot, in good conscience, put my head on my comfy pillow tonight without detailing the spellbinding incompetence we had the misfortune to experience tonight. By every measure, The Bistro is an embarrassment to the Courtyard brand.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Mike R

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Deptford and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent anything else from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Deptford.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I don't think I've ever been in a hotel this new. Everything is perfect when it comes to decor and interiors. The staff is obviously a little green, but they are kind and eager to talk and help.

The well lit rooms have a nice, light color palette. furniture is very modern. Lighting is everywhere. I was a little surprised by how low the drawers are to the ground, but realized that they are low so that you will put your suitcase on top of them. The full length mirror doubles as the door for the closet. A cabinet was built specifically to House of microwave and small fridge. The sofa is an odd awful but it fits with the modern decor and it's large enough to lay on. There are outlets and USB plugs everywhere.

The bathroom is far nicer than what I typically see at a courtyard. The shower even has a linear drain (hidden drain at the front of the enclosure).

I almost wish my stay had been a little longer. I'd happily drive a little longer for my work appointments to stay at this hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank OnceMoreIBeatSunrise
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Hopefully with some proper training and some time, they will work out the enormous kinks! Training should include: 1.) Employees should never complain to guests about how poorly run this hotel is.(such as the evening kitchen staff did to us, when we wanted to get some supper and were told we couldn't! 2.) . Housekeeping staff should not SIT on the stoop of the back entrance smokng cigarettes while arriving guests had to manuver around them. 3.) . Make sure restaurant staff is prepared to serve meals at the designated times listed! One positive: Ally at the front desk (works hard to make guests comfortable in an uncomfortable hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank 566eidyb
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel but horrifying service and guest experience. Don’t book this hotel for a wedding block - your guests will miss your ceremony and at 11pm after your wedding they will still be trying to prove they reserved a room months in advance as part of your wedding block and have to wait to see if they can have a room when they just want to get to their room and relax after a long day traveling and then having fun at your wedding. My guests are still upset. But the hotel did send me a quick email to apologize for any “inconvenience to me or my guest”... ruining a wedding weekend is more than an inconvenience and “my guest?” I brought tons of business to the hotel for a whole hotel block - multiple guests/rooms they made what should have been a beautiful weekend into one that will never be forgotten for many reasons. They truly don’t care about their customers and for that I would not ever recommend this location to anyone. Such a shame because the hotel itself is beautiful.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends