“A Gem of a Discovery”

H2Ocean Restaurant & Raw Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
H2Ocean Restaurant & Raw Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Cedar Knolls
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: H2Ocean Restaurant & Raw Bar in Cedar Knolls, NJ "From Hook to Plate" Our practices support all local fisheries and vegetable farms. No farmed fish here... Our Team prepares to impress!
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Being from the DMV, I have a high standard for seafood. I usually only partake of crabs in Maryland and lobster further north. We decided to give H2Ocean a shot because it had a 4.5 star rating. Let me tell you, disappointed we were NOT!!! Some of the best food I’ve ever had in New Jersey, PERIOD!

For appetizers we had the meatball with fresh burrata and the lobster macaroni and cheese; both were amazing! The meatball made with grass fed beef was super tender, the tomato sauce was homemade and the fresh burrata was like the cherry on top. It was unbelievably delicious. The lobster mac and cheese...BEST. LOBSTA. MAC. EVER!!! This incredible dish didn’t just have lobster mixed into a standard mac and cheese, the cheese sauce tasted as though a stock of lobster was utilized to create a true lobster delight. It is truly an amazing dish. For the main course, surf and turf was my selection, it was also recommended by the server. A 6oz filet mignon and lobster tail from South Africa with whipped Yukon potatoes and green beans. Lobster tail was melt in your mouth deliciousness. Best lobster I’ve had outside of Boston. The filet was good, not over seasoned and although it was cooked more than my requested temperature, it was juicy and delicious! The whipped Yukons were delicious! I’m not a green bean fan so I did not eat those.

All in all, H2Ocean was a superb culinary experience that I will not soon forget! It is definitely on my list for a repeat visit.

2  Thank JoyfullyMine

Reviewed 3 June 2018

There is a dearth of good seafood restaurants in Morris County, NJ. Other than one other in Morristown, H2Ocean is a great addition to the community. It's been around about 4 years I understand but we recently became acquainted with it and ate here for our first time tonight. We were very impressed. The quality of the fritture was excellent, we had the Frito Misto and Soft-shell Crabs as appetizers and they were perfectly prepared. All of the seafood entrees were equally well prepared. The service was attentive, and prompt. Good wine and drink selections. Definitely a keeper.

2  Thank stevesottl
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Clams on the half shell were very fresh and just the right size. The lobster bisque is to die for! So flavorful and creamy. Perhaps a few more lobster chunks would bring it over the top. The pan seared Black Sea Bass was superb. No room for dessert. A little pricey especially the drinks and wine, but well worth it. Would certainly recommend this restaurant for special occasions and “date nights”. Looking forward to visiting again.

3  Thank PALABL
Reviewed 28 May 2018

My wife and I made same-day reservations to go to H2Ocean through Open Table having passed by this restaurant many times since it opened about three years ago. We were impressed by the attention we were extended by the reception staff as well as our waiter. We loved the food we ordered - a wonderful appetizer which was Thai curry mussels and a chowder that had much more clam flavor than nearly any others I had in the past. For our main courses, we both had seafood-based pasta dishes which had abundant scallops and/or shrimp - the amount of food was enough that we had to take food home. All dishes were served right out of the kitchen and tasted utterly fresh. We only wished we could have chosen some of the fish on the menu which also looked very enticing - we'll just have to go back again! Considering the quality of the seafood at other restaurants (significantly better than Legal Seafood with a more formal but comfortable dining experience) H2Ocean was really exquisite and the price was very reasonable.

3  Thank David K
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

The food was great, the service was very good as well. The atmosphere was amazing. A bit pricey but definitely a treat

1  Thank Arnie R