All reviewsnj turnpikenext morningstayed herefront deskspent one nightgood nights sleeproom was cleanthe breakfast areapillowscerealhiemicrowaveelevator
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Our room was freezing cold when we entered. We raised the heat as high as it would go but the heater blew cold air. Front desk: "wait an hour, it should warm up". 1 hr later still freezing, moved to new room; 2nd room freezing. Moved to 3rd room, cold but warmed up quite nicely.The woman at the front desk accommodated, but never did say she was sorry for the inconvenience, nor offered recompence in any way. Having to lay out your belongings 3 times in different rooms after a long, 7 hour drive was difficult to say the least.

I am not one to complain, so I'd like to end on a good note. Their continental breakfast was one of the better ones in my experience. Fresh whole fruit, eggs, sausage, cereal, toast, really good oj and quite a few tea varieties to choose from.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask that a room be heated before your arrival. Although seriously, wouldn't you assume this would not have to be a request.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Dave R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carneys Point, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thank you for staying with us and our sincere apologies for not offering the "great" experience we are proud to share with each & every guest. I have communicated your concerns with my front desk staff and I am pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast. We hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Spent one night during Thanksgiving weekend. My son left his driving license in room and the manager graciously mailed the license to his home. Hotel was very clean, good breakfast. Only complaint was very noisy heater which continually cycled off and on which interruptedsleep.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carneys Point, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Dear Howard,

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. We're pleased you liked our hotel and breakfast, although we're very sorry you were not happy with the PTAC unit in that room. We will definitely look into the issues with that PTAC unit moving foward. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for over a month while working in the area. The first week the housekeeping service was ok. After that everything was horrible. I didn't expect the room to be cleaned everyday but at least once a week would have been nice. They have changed the sheets one time in a month. The shower curtain was molded, the floors were not cleaned. I asked the management for housekeeping service, said he would take care of it right away. A week later still nothing except towel change out. I asked again for housekeeping service explaining everything to the front desk. She said they would take care of it right away. I left the hotel for over two hours came back to the same nasty room. Do not stay at this hotel long term if you want a clean room. Several other people staying here for long term have expressed the same issues.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Dave R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carneys Point, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Express CARNEYS POINT - PENNSVILLE.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve the guest experience. The issues you mentioned with housekeeping will be addressed. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 856-351-9222 or gm.cnpnj@gmail.com.

856-351-9222
gm.cnpnj@gmail.com

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

A little worn down compared to many other IHG hotels. Heating unit was unnervingly loud, preventing any chance of an adequate nights sleep. Rest of the room was just old as well. If I wasn’t a Spire Member and didn’t know how nice many HI Expresses are, I probably wouldn’t try another HI Express again based on this experience.

Staff was nice enough, but this stay was disappointing. I expect better for sure. Sorry HI Express and IHG, but it was that bad.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carneys Point, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Hi R F G,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. I am very sorry to hear about your experience while staying with us. I apologize for the noise from the heating unit you had to endure. We strive to leave our guests with a positive lasting impression and can see that we have fallen short of our goal. Your feedback will be shared with our management teams so we may work towards improving the areas that you have noted.

Again, many thanks for the feedback and for staying with us. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 19 September 2017

the rain was fighting us that day and so were the children. we gave up on plans to make it to nyc that night and scored a room a few minutes before arriving. quiet and clean and convenient to resuming our trip the next morning after a good rest!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Hubert F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carneys Point, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed the central location of our property and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Carneys Point.

Best regards,